Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Policing - the UK way
We watch Ashes to Ashes or Life On Mars and congratulate ourselves on how much more civilised we are these days. Bully for us :mad:

And before you become too depressed, let's see how law abiding and sensible our police can be. Anyone would think this officer was a prisoner of war.

Visitors intending to come to the UK, please make sure you don't end up taking a wrong turn or start running for a train.

How comes the only thing i heard about this on the news was "some reports of police missconduct are underinvestigation" and just saw few clips of people being hit by police? Why couldnt they let people go? Would it be a seurity breach or something? If so, why not just suround the important bulidings?:confused:

So many questions, and not a single answer. Thanks marshlander, I dout I would of even know what had happend if it wasn't for your post!:biggrin:
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

I put these films up because I imagine most people here are in your situation. If you've ever been on a demonstration or protest you will know the quoted numbers are always inaccurate, assuming the event is reported at all. You will also know that police tactics are not designed to alleviate pressure in some situations, but rather to frustrate, anger and incite.

I have not personally been caught up in situations like this recently, but over the years I have seen some very unpleasant and unnecessary actions by people I was brought up to believe would know better. I was set up for entrapment as a teenager (luckily, in those days a short back and sides, matching jeans and unnaturally shiny boots were a bit of a giveaway, as was the fact that a pair of these clones entered the toilet at the same time and stood next to me at the urinal without having any obvious need for their visit ... so I did not accept the offered goodies); dragged out of my van when I was filling out some paperwork when I worked as a builder's labourer; sent flying (along with elderly people and families with young children on a CND protest) after we were made to march many miles the wrong way round the perimeter of RAF (or should that be USAF) Alconbury only to be squeezed into an inadequately small space (an early experiment in kettling it would seem) and charged at using the infamous "wedge" technique. I have also had property stolen by a policeman. When I phoned the local nick to try and track the officer down (his number wasn't visible at the time either) his boss said he would never find anyone who would own up, so I had to send an invoice for the value and he ordered a cheque with no further questions asked! Sorry, but plenty more examples where they came from :mad:

I know we are much better off in the UK than many in other parts of the world, but I would never be complacent about the power these people are gathering up. Have a look at the Liberty website to get some idea of where we're heading. And all this is with a relatively benign government (benign unless you happen to live in a country subject to military interest, that is).

I shudder when I see how political extremists are organising. Have you read the British National Party's election leaflets for the European elections? They are serious contenders in many places. The proportional voting system will probably see someone get elected. Just imagine them having a say in how the police operate. We'd be targeted pretty early on ... whether or not the law had been changed.