Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Politician's comments on very shaky ground
An Aussie lobbyist haphazardly compared the gay community's statistics with that of smokers, and rather foolishly implied that we should stop discouraging children from smoking:

"I think we're going to owe smokers a big apology when the homosexual community's own statistics for its health - which it presents when it wants more money for health - are that is has higher rates of drug-taking, of suicide, it has the life of a male reduced by up to 20 years," he told the audience.

"The life of smokers is reduced by something like seven to 10 years and yet we tell all our kids at school they shouldn't smoke."

A bit of a dangerous move there I think. This is old news BTW, I was looking through NZ herald. Here's the link to the full article

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/art...d=10832076

Hmm the article also says this "Mr Croome said ACL representatives had previously linked gay equality to Nazis, paedophiles and the stolen generations."
I wonder how they linked it to the stolen generations?

Already argued about this with evangelicals a while ago.

All i can say is, the guy can go fuck himself. Or if he enjoys that, maybe have sex with a woman instead.

What an ignorant twat. Smoking is something no one should ever do. Being gay is something everybody should do

He is correct to a point.

Gays are more self-destructive and appear to have higher medical expenses due to life long 'choices' in how we self medicate. We are pretty high in the statistics cor alcohol and drug use.

We don't drink and use more because we are gay, we drink and use more because of how we are treated because we are gay.

If gays were not bullied, bashed and preached at from hell fire pulpits and if our parents were more accepting of their kids no matter who their kid loves, I can guarantee that gays would have far, far lower instances of drug and alcohol abuse. And far less promiscuity that is caused by sex addiction with is another 'self-medicating' sort of addiction.

his statements sent another 10400 gays out to the bar to have another drink and the dumb-ass doesn't even get his role in the behaviors he is talking about.

Do you know what you call a boat load of politicians sank in the Pacific?

A good start.... :eek: Rofl