Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Polyamorous Relationships
Sorry for making so many threads, but another thought hit me that I thought I'd ask about.

In the past, I've been propositioned to be the 'third' in a relationship with two gay men. It's only happened a few times, but the one time that really interested me was when the hot gay couple (in their early/late forties) asked me on a date. Now... I read their profile and knew what they were interested in, and politely inclined (mostly because at the time I wasn't for it, now I'm not so sure,) but it just got me thinking...

If I can ask, or if anyone's willing, have you been or are you in a polyamorous relationship? It doesn't have to be with two men. It could be with a man, a woman, another man or another woman, etc., etc.

Just a bit interested in it all. I have poly friends, but don't really talk to them about polyamority.

Hi Blue

maybe you'll find something interesting here:
http://gayspeak.com/showthread.php?t=198...olyamorous

I think that it can work all right, but you need to set some rules, so that one would feel awkward and neglected.

Nick9 Wrote:Hi Blue

maybe you'll find something interesting here:
http://gayspeak.com/showthread.php?t=198...olyamorous

I think that it can work all right, but you need to set some rules, so that one would feel awkward and neglected.

I liked reading that thread! Thank you.

And yeah. I do think rules need to be set. I would be more worried about someone feeling awkward and neglected/left out, like you said.

Just when I was wondering where to put this video, here's the thread that seems right... I love the cuteness of these two boys searching for each other while trying out other possibilities, although the Fer y David storyline clearly indicates that they'd rather be gay and be able to be gay openly....
Sorry to BeautifulBlue if I've hi-jacked his thread somewhat. Tell me if this relates?
Here it's more a question of being in that state of experimenting and going with girls because that's what society dictates, to some extent...
.. and no, you don't have to speak Spanish to watch this.
Fer & David
from Fisica o Quimica

princealbertofb Wrote:Sorry to BeautifulBlue if I've hi-jacked his thread somewhat. Tell me if this relates?

I think it definite relates, Prince!

I have a bit of a conflicted feeling about it though. At the end I felt so happy for them, because it was obvious they no longer cared what others thought and were so open to be themselves. During it though, I was sad that they were having to resort to doing what others were deeming 'normal' and therefore having to separate themselves from one another.

It makes me sad for a lot of the youth today. I mean, I haven't been in school for a few years, but I'm fairly sure that there are still issues with this, especially in smaller towns. Still -- seeing stuff like this makes me have hope.

Thank you for sharing! I really appreciate it!

BeautifulBlue Wrote:I think it definite relates, Prince!

I have a bit of a conflicted feeling about it though. At the end I felt so happy for them, because it was obvious they no longer cared what others thought and were so open to be themselves. During it though, I was sad that they were having to resort to doing what others were deeming 'normal' and therefore having to separate themselves from one another.

It makes me sad for a lot of the youth today. I mean, I haven't been in school for a few years, but I'm fairly sure that there are still issues with this, especially in smaller towns. Still -- seeing stuff like this makes me have hope.

Thank you for sharing! I really appreciate it!
Beautiful, you are welcome (should I call you Blue?)

I know that in my school I feel that being gay is maybe not so much stigmatised as it might be still a traumatising experience in certain cases. I heard one of my sophomores mention something with his mates about being gay. Not sure that he is, and he has time to find out. In other cases, I've heard kids bantering and calling each other 'gay' but not in the right way, ie 'gentle' abuse... If the person really were gay, it would still be very hurtful.

I feel that the fight on bullying and on making it acceptable is still very very much a current battle. What's more, I live in a catchment area for our high school where quite a few kids come from Muslim families and while I see that they are pretty well integrated into European society, sometimes our equality-for-all stance finds some resistance.

Thank you for your appreciation. And good luck in finding your rightful place in society.

As John Lennon said "Whatever gets you through the evening." Confusedmile:

I respect the people that can make it work, but I could never see myself with more than one man at a time personally. My love is reserved for one person and one alone, I don't share well with others :biggrin:

princealbertofb Wrote:Beautiful, you are welcome (should I call you Blue?)

Blue is perfectly fine! Smile I put Beautiful in there because I wanted to make sure