Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pope Francis on homosexuality
This just in:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/30/world/...30729&_r=0

A much needed breath of fresh air, it seems.

Wow, that is pretty refreshing. Hope he doesn't get too much criticism for what he's saying from any of his peers... I can imagine it's a little bit too progressive for some. Especially the people who were on the same page as the last one. Anyway, he seems like a step in the right direction as far as Popes are concerned. About time they toned down the hate/judgement lol Smile

I think it's very good too.

Of course, if I was being cynical, which I'm not, I might say that they need to freshen the thing up a little since they're losing ground to the muslims....

It's cool that he thinks like that. I just hope he doesn't get kicked out because of some "holy" homophobes.

He says he's not going to judge the sexuality of a group of people who have essentially undertaken to refrain from sex for sacerdotal office? That's not a concession, it's just meaningless. There's been no shift on the requirement for celibacy in the clergy, so it doesn't matter what their sexuality is.

The catholic church is not worried about islam. Catholics are not leaving to become muslims. They are being lured away by the evangelicals, particularly in South America. I can't see this concession being attractive to adherents of either of these alternatives.

I can't say I give a shit.

The leader of a cult that harbors, protects, and gives pedophiles worldwide immunity from legal prosecution for raping children has no place in my mind, or heart, for caring about what comes out of his mouth.

this comes from a group of people who havnt decided what to do with the condom yet?
[Image: 550px-Use-a-Condom-Step-8.jpg]
[Image: 500px-Condom_Balloon.jpg]