Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Popping my first post cherry....
Hi everyone, thought I'd introduce myself to the community, my friend told me bout this site and I just joined. I'm an easy going guy looking to make new friends and maybe more Wink if you live in the Montreal, Quebec area we're in business. I like to read on occasion, prefer to get read to by audiobooks lol. Music is a huge part of my life, I always have a tune on the brain or am just listening to music. I used to be the singer in a band and really miss it cause my band broke up Cry I've been meaning to get back in the scene but ya know... life kinda happens and ya get distracted. I love writing poetry and used to write lyrics for my old band too. I'm a movie buff and likes my TV too, I'm obsessed with a few shows, I also like to get my game on, I like FPS games, RTS and most RPGs (yes I have a nerdy side as well :tongueSmile. Alright it's about to get more serious :eek:, I'm gonna open up to you guys and paint a picture of how my life is at the moment. Lately I've kinda been in a deep funky depression, I'm not completely OUT yet, only a choice select few know about it and it's really taking a toll on me mentally, living this constant double life and all the lying is draining. I've also been single for far too long I'm getting really lonely, the last time I was with someone was a year and a half ago and it wasn't even serious. I just wanna connect with someone genuine, I'm so over random hook ups and how meaningless they are. To top it all off my family is well... hella religious so they don't approve of being gay at all so I can't turn to them for support and that stings. I'd say my relationships with my family members is rocky at best, I've always gotta walk on eggshells around them. Anyhoo I know my situation could be worse and I just wanna say I'm not fishing for pity I just really needed to get that off my chest....ahhhh feels great to have shared a bit. And if anyone reading this has similar or worse things going for them in their lives and are considering suicide, ending your life no matter how bad you feel isn't worth it. Everyone is unique and has something to offer this world and by offing yourself you're denying the world the chance to see how special you are. Sure there will always be assholes trying to drag you down but you can't let their ugliness take away from all the beauty in this world. There are so many things in this life worth living for, just keep your head up and look towards your bright future. Well I just had to do it didn't I... sorry for going all emo on everyone but I felt that needed to be said. So if anyone feels like chatting hit me up I'm an open book Rolleyes.

Welcome! Wavey

Hi SweetSerenade and welcome!
I am sure you will find friends around here to talk to, maybe even someone who lives in your area. It's refreshing to read about someone who is not feeling that well, but still keeps his positive attitude Smile

welcome to gayspeak

hello and welcome to thew forum,
Interesting post for a introduction which is good... I am glad that someone has written ending life isnt worth it as many people in life try for alsorts of reasons and whats good about this site is its a place for those in need to come and find the comfort they need to get things off their chest.. Depression mister is a horrible thing and I can understand how coming out can be difficult especially in religious backgrounds however you wont be first gay to have religious family and wont be the last... My advice as a general agony aunt here is that when your life is at a stage if not already where your living in your own home with your own key and not that of your parents then that is the time to speak loud and proud and let them all know You are what you are and damn proud of it. Coming out is scary because we all fear rejection even the most open minded family such as one I grew up in it is scary.. But once its done if they accept it you sort of kick yaself and think why didnt i just admit it earlier???
Well here at gayspeak if anything is on your mind post away to your hearts content and see what advice you can get or chin wagging moments you can find

Kindest regards and big hugz

Aunty Zeon x

hello to you

Thx for the support and the welcoming guys Confusedmile: I really appreciate it.

Hi, welcome to the site at last! Im sure you'll find it helpful, and a good place to be yourself Smile

hello Welcome
I come from one of those hypercritical super religious families too. this site is good to find someone to talk to in your time of need.

Hello and welcome to G.SWelcome