Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Popular TV Shows You Have Never Seen
One of my friends on FB brought up the Kardashians and how she had never seen it and I can say the same. I am also proud that if they were standing in front of me I would not know who they were or recognize them!

I generally dislike most anyone or anything who seeks publicity 24/7

So - I have never watched a single episode of

The Kardashains

OR

Greys Anatomy

Survivor

The Bachelor

The Bachelorette

This Is Us

Anything on the Hallmark Channel

Mad Men

LOTS MORE

How about you?

I've never watched any of those either. Anything that smells remotely of 'Reality TV' I tend to avoid.

I've also never watched Game of Thrones, but in my defence I read all the books long before it became a 'hip' tv series with a planet-wide cult following. I have thought about watching it though, and honestly, it's hard to avoid references and clips and memes which are splattered all over the internets.

I never watched Lost either. Am I bad?  Big Grin
<<<<I'm just consciousness having a human experience>>>>
[-] The following 1 member Likes Bookworm's post:
  • eastofeden

LOL Bookworm - if you are bad then so am I Devilsmile

I watched LOST  but the finale SUCKED SO BAD I am sorry I wasted all that time on it. 

I never saw Game of Thrones either. I turned off my TV service some years back and now I get ROKU and watch HULU and Amazon so I can see most anything anyone.
[-] The following 1 member Likes eastofeden's post:
  • Bookworm

Since I barely watch any TV, the list for me is too long to mention haha.

I've never watched Game Of Thrones either, and another that springs to mind that people have talked a lot about is Breaking Bad. I've not watched Lost aswell, you probably won't be surprised to know!

Others that spring to mind:

Anything to do with The Kardashians
Rick & Morty
The Great British Bake Off
Gavin & Stacey
Sherlock
Dragon's Den
Killing Eve etc etc.

It's the same for films. Everyone is always shocked when I say I've watched none of the Lord Of The Rings.
[-] The following 1 member Likes Cridders88's post:
  • eastofeden

(07-11-2021, 09:25 PM)eastofeden Wrote:

The Kardashains - ditto

OR

Greys Anatomy - yep, never

Survivor - a few seasons in the beginning 

The Bachelor - never

The Bachelorette - ugh

This Is Us - unh uh

Anything on the Hallmark Channel - no thanks

Mad Men - 1 season, then I gave up

LOTS MORE

How about you?

Lost,
anything on CW,
no Housewives ever,
Buffy,
many, many more
Bernd

Being gay is not for Sissies.
[-] The following 1 member Likes Bhp91126's post:
  • eastofeden

(07-13-2021, 08:21 AM)Cridders88 Wrote: t's the same for films. Everyone is always shocked when I say I've watched none of the Lord Of The Rings.

I am shocked to the core. This is borderline heresy. Burn him Burn him  Burnbg Burnbg
<<<<I'm just consciousness having a human experience>>>>
[-] The following 1 member Likes Bookworm's post:
  • Cridders88

Would be easier to list the names of popular TV shows I have watched since there aren't any. My TV viewing is limited to movies(90% of which is Turner Classics), British mysteries on PBS, and occasionally sports.
[-] The following 1 member Likes calgor's post:
  • eastofeden

(07-13-2021, 08:21 AM)Cridders88 Wrote: Since I barely watch any TV, the list for me is too long to mention haha.

I've never watched Game Of Thrones either, and another that springs to mind that people have talked a lot about is Breaking Bad. I've not watched Lost aswell, you probably won't be surprised to know!

Others that spring to mind:

Anything to do with The Kardashians
Rick & Morty
The Great British Bake Off
Gavin & Stacey
Sherlock
Dragon's Den
Killing Eve etc etc.

It's the same for films. Everyone is always shocked when I say I've watched none of the Lord Of The Rings.
I did watch Breaking Bad until the last season - it was very depressing. I had to watch guys on crystal meth when I was bartending and THAT was depressing and it wasn't a TV Show so it was weird watching a show I could see in reality every day - good acting and writing but sucky content. I go to maybe two movies a year and Lord of the Rings and Hary Potter were the only two series I  ever watched all of them. I really loved Lord of the Rings cinematography - fantastic geographical locations.

(07-13-2021, 02:14 PM)Bhp91126 Wrote:
(07-11-2021, 09:25 PM)eastofeden Wrote:

The Kardashains - ditto

OR

Greys Anatomy - yep, never

Survivor - a few seasons in the beginning 

The Bachelor - never

The Bachelorette - ugh

This Is Us - unh uh

Anything on the Hallmark Channel - no thanks

Mad Men - 1 season, then I gave up

LOTS MORE

How about you?

Lost,
anything on CW,
no Housewives ever,
Buffy,
many, many more
I did watch Lost but same here with the CW - not sure I even got that channel but the previews of the shows were not appealing. 
The Housewives - OMG - BARF - I watched snippets of a few of them with disgust.
Buffy - not a Sarah Michelle Geller fan

I was just thinking - I am not sure I know any series on TV at the moment except them handful I watch now though ROKU. I turned my TV service off years ago when trump became president because I got a little physically ill every time I saw or heard him speak and I wanted to avoid having to look at him - plus it saved me alot of $$$$$$ Who knew? win-win!

(07-14-2021, 11:17 PM)calgor Wrote: Would be easier to list the names of popular TV shows I have watched since there aren't any. My TV viewing is limited to movies(90% of which is Turner Classics), British mysteries on PBS, and occasionally sports.

I have to think now. I can think of these shows that I DO watch

The Waking Dead
Fear The Waling Dead
Law and Order SVU
Hoarders
Naked and Afraid

College Football
some NBA if I am around and remember.