Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possession
Religious or not, do you believe in possession?

Being "possessed" by another entity, being, ghost, or demon?

Personally, I do not believe in possession. These are just people with severe mental disorders, which may or may not include: brain chemical imbalances, brain trauma's, brain injuries, and/or other physical or psychological brain issues.

It could also be the results of abuse and mental torture, resulting in "possession" like abilities/actions.

[Image: 13636561-exorcism-and-woman-possessed-by-the-devil.jpg]

MisterTinkles Wrote:Religious or not, do you believe in possession?

Being "possessed" by another entity, being, ghost, or demon?

Personally, I do not believe in possession. These are just people with severe mental disorders, which may or may not include: brain chemical imbalances, brain trauma's, brain injuries, and/or other physical or psychological brain issues.

It could also be the results of abuse and mental torture, resulting in "possession" like abilities/actions.

[Image: 13636561-exorcism-and-woman-possessed-by-the-devil.jpg]

So how do you explain the complexity of our being, with only electrical currents running in our brain? Is our awareness theoretically explainable just with biology and chemistery?
isn't it kinda possession of our awareness by an entity? :o

Not that I believe that much in possession, actually, I have no idea.

It's just by contrariness :biggrin:

I think there are many things in this world we do not know and are meant not to know.

My Nana says(and yes, I say this alot, cause she is my wisdom fountain);

Never turn your back to the unknown, but don't leave the door open either, cause what may walk in may not want to walk back out.

So basically be open, but dont invite things in.

Which is why like voodoo and stuff is like frowned upon I think. Even though voodoo isnt really all bad, just has bad aspects like any other religion/practice.

I believe one can be possessed or atleast influenced, although not always by a demonic or evil force.

The reason why we cry or feel another person's emotions(Not necessarily Empathic), is because our receptors in the brain kinda catch and reflect.

So an entity if it wanted could use that to its advantage to have someone feel or do as they do. Humans can do this too. This is especially the case with Empaths, Mediums and sensitives. They are themost frequently targeted persons for a possession.

Also people in heighten emotional states, as they are more easily influenced.

Of course,and like i said earlier, those who are open and believe in such things, such as myself even, are more likely to be targeted, as opposed to those who don't. Typically women, as their emotional receptors in the Amygdala are larger than in men's. Hence that whole notion of the "crazy stay at home wife" who claims to see ghosts, but her husband feels and sees nothing and goes off to work.

But possession is always made religious or demonic, when sometimes its neither.

So I do believe in possessions. But I dont go running around looking for evidence and proof, because sometimes the less you know is better. :3

Coffee

No I don't believe in it. Smile
Scientifically, spirits? hah!
Religiously, I think one of the cornerstones to human creation would be free will and possession not only breaks that ideal but could destabilize any "fair" playing field vying for mankind's soul. (I know its in the bible, but I have issues placing 100% faith in something that contradicts itself, allot was translated a dozen times often by people who have money and power to gain or loose and in parts talks about dragons, cockatrice (turn to stone kind), unicorns, satyrs and griffins.

I've never seen ghosts or anything like that but I believe in paranormal stuff. Nowadays people are obsessed with finding some scientific explanation to everything, but I believe that there are some things that our limited minds are incapable to understand.

Speaking about possession..... I think it has to be a mutual agreement. No spirit can just come and possess you, you have to be willing to let them inside your heart and your body.

Sylph Wrote:I think there are many things in this world we do not know and are meant not to know.

My Nana says(and yes, I say this alot, cause she is my wisdom fountain);

Never turn your back to the unknown, but don't leave the door open either, cause what may walk in may not want to walk back out.

So basically be open, but dont invite things in.

Which is why like voodoo and stuff is like frowned upon I think. Even though voodoo isnt really all bad, just has bad aspects like any other religion/practice.

I believe one can be possessed or atleast influenced, although not always by a demonic or evil force.

The reason why we cry or feel another person's emotions(Not necessarily Empathic), is because our receptors in the brain kinda catch and reflect.

So an entity if it wanted could use that to its advantage to have someone feel or do as they do. Humans can do this too. This is especially the case with Empaths, Mediums and sensitives. They are themost frequently targeted persons for a possession.

Also people in heighten emotional states, as they are more easily influenced.

Of course,and like i said earlier, those who are open and believe in such things, such as myself even, are more likely to be targeted, as opposed to those who don't. Typically women, as their emotional receptors in the Amygdala are larger than in men's. Hence that whole notion of the "crazy stay at home wife" who claims to see ghosts, but her husband feels and sees nothing and goes off to work.

But possession is always made religious or demonic, when sometimes its neither.

So I do believe in possessions. But I dont go running around looking for evidence and proof, because sometimes the less you know is better. :3

Coffee

WHY cant you EVER just have a "yes or no" answer?????!!!!!!!!
Poke2

I dont know but i believe theres lots we dont understand and that truth is stranger the fiction. Having had one pretty extreme supernatural exprience which wasnt just one moment or one thing but 5 ongoing minutes. Im more open-minded than skeptical. I see more in life (and i want to) than the surface. All we know is ourselves and our own experiences.

Yes or no.

MisterTinkles Wrote:WHY cant you EVER just have a "yes or no" answer?????!!!!!!!!
Poke2

Whyyyy can you not ask a yes or no question? You gave your reasons and explanations, so I will too and so did all these other gurls, what about them? Hmm

Really Tinkles, your infatuation with me is flattering but not appreciated :3

Return to sender.
Msn-slapping

A daemon or a spiritual creature would go crazy possessed by me, not the opposite for sure. *
Spider
Superstitions = Possession = Religion = Astrology = Conspiracy theory = All these kind of things = Ignorance.

Luckily we have Science and Evolution, now we know that being Gay, have red hair, or a black skin doesn't mean being the son of a daemon or a dark god (LOL), and Science is also doing progress about mental or psychological diseases that some religion calls possession...

I cannot answer at the poll cause I don't see a big difference between psychological/mental disorders, so both, it depends...
___
* And Sylph is possessed by a mindfucking glittering unicorn XD