Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possession
Ekwarph Wrote:Is our awareness theoretically explainable just with biology and chemistery?

Yes it can be explained just with electrophysiology and a little chemistry...

anyway...possesion?........just heavily disturbed people

southbiochem Wrote:Yes it can be explained just with electrophysiology and a little chemistry...

anyway...possesion?........just heavily disturbed people

Sure, I know, at least in a large part.
But I wonder if all my wills are just sequences of chemical reactions and electrophysiological currents. Who decides how the energy we get will be consumed? How come is this hormone secreted instead of another? Does it mean that there's nothing that push on the button "you'll do thaaat"?
I'm not sure knowledge in neurosciences is accurate enough to deny the existence of possessions.

Sylph Wrote:Whyyyy can you not ask a yes or no question? You gave your reasons and explanations, so I will too and so did all these other gurls, what about them? Hmm

Really Tinkles, your infatuation with me is flattering but not appreciated :3

Return to sender.
Msn-slapping

Infatuated with STUPID people is my downfall apparently.

And what I asked was "Religious or not, do you believe in possession?"......which is a "yes or no" answer. You cant seem to just answer a question on ANY thread, you have to be Hurricane Odi, and keep on with the "hot air" and flapping those lips until you pass out from lack of oxygen!!!

Geez, get a grip gurl.....try answering a simple question with a simple answer once in a while....you might just save that last working brain cell you got!!!!!

[Image: giphy.gif]

Get over yourself..........you aint that important.
Confusedmiley-face-yawning

I choose the other unlisted option.

I don't know for sure either way. Since I am no expert on the subject, I don't make claims about what the truth is. If I ever personally come across evidence for or against the existence of possession, then I might make a clearer decision about it. Until then, I won't worry about it.

Ekwarph Wrote:Sure, I know, at least in a large part.
But I wonder if all my wills are just sequences of chemical reactions and electrophysiological currents. Who decides how the energy we get will be consumed? How come is this hormone secreted instead of another? Does it mean that there's nothing that push on the button "you'll do thaaat"?.

first highlight : yes they are.

second highlight: thermodynamics and chemical balance of reactions in metabolical pathways are the ones who "decide" where and when the energy is spent..

third highlight: the hypothalamus-hypophysis axis controls hormones secretion through neurotransmiters and regulatory hormoes, and those respond to a particular cellular state that's picked up by sensory receptors that deliver the signal to the brain

I believe in possession

[Image: tumblr_mnsvkqrAdn1rqfhi2o1_500.gif]

We have a right to possess what is ours :3

southbiochem Wrote:first highlight : yes they are.

second highlight: thermodynamics and chemical balance of reactions in metabolical pathways are the ones who "decide" where and when the energy is spent..

third highlight: the hypothalamus-hypophysis axis controls hormones secretion through neurotransmiters and regulatory hormoes, and those respond to a particular cellular state that's picked up by sensory receptors that deliver the signal to the brain

You're probably right, yes.
Anyway, we often say that knowledges in neurosciences are limited. I think we can't explain all causes of a brain reaction if we go far. Maybe one day we'll be able...
When we have a full knowledge of neurosciences, that will be AWFUL for religions :biggrin:

I do, but I also believe that most possessions are probably
due to some disturbance in peoples psyche.

There's different types of possessions though, it's not all crosses,
vomit and holy water. People from various cultures build their
religious practices around it. Practitioners usually experience a
type of spiritual ecstasy while being possessed by their deity/spirit
and gaining some type of knowledge after it.

lol, I can go on.. but just my 2 cents Wink

sillyboy86 Wrote:A daemon or a spiritual creature would go crazy possessed by me, not the opposite for sure. *
Spider
Superstitions = Possession = Religion = Astrology = Conspiracy theory = All these kind of things = Ignorance.

Luckily we have Science and Evolution, now we know that being Gay, have red hair, or a black skin doesn't mean being the son of a daemon or a dark god (LOL), and Science is also doing progress about mental or psychological diseases that some religion calls possession...

I cannot answer at the poll cause I don't see a big difference between psychological/mental disorders, so both, it depends...
___
* And Sylph is possessed by a mindfucking glittering unicorn XD

Blah blah science brain wash, aha! Yes I most certainly am possessed by a glittering unicorn that fucks plenty of minds with my Uni-horn, so bend over non-believing bitches and get impaled :3

MisterTinkles Wrote:Infatuated with STUPID people is my downfall apparently.

And what I asked was "Religious or not, do you believe in possession?"......which is a "yes or no" answer. You cant seem to just answer a question on ANY thread, you have to be Hurricane Odi, and keep on with the "hot air" and flapping those lips until you pass out from lack of oxygen!!!

Geez, get a grip gurl.....try answering a simple question with a simple answer once in a while....you might just save that last working brain cell you got!!!!!

[Image: giphy.gif]

Get over yourself..........you aint that important.
Confusedmiley-face-yawning

Simple answers for simple people eh Mr.Tinkles? Looks like the dumb covet the dumb in your case?

I offer what I am thinking, and im sorry if I can't just grunt, scratch my balls and give one worded answers like clearly you opt to, but this is just who I am.

If I gotta be Hurricane Odi, then fasten your buckles bitch, you about to get blew :3 cause this shit is coming in at category 5 hunni.

And I unlike some persons... have no desire be important. This is a forum, full of queers, that is populated by the majourity Americans and Europeans, of which I am neither and so am not important to any of your lives outside of the honest and real replies and advice I give, which is also ignorable, so I do realize without any uncertainty that I am not important, and have no desire to be.

Hurricane Odi out :3 Pick up your face Tinkles, it fell off in my tempest hunni.

Please don't piss off my inner demon, he's not very nice, and as far as spirts, glad to have them, a large selection at my local liquor store
[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRz-Six7p24KDjrx1F_V...A&usqp=CAU]