Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should I keep looking??
Honestly I am so tired of being alone. I've tried finding someone who will love me but it seems like no one can. Should I just give up or is there really someone out there for me...

i bet if you "give up" they will be knocking at your door?
patience.

I really like Pellaz' response. I'm right their in the boat with you. It just seems so pointless most of the time. But sometimes, it feels like the lonliness can eat a hole right through my core. I'm just taking deep breaths and staying true to myself. In the past, I've always sacrificed my standards or princples just to "be" with someone. It always ended in ruin. I'm just trying to feel my way through this now. It seems to be taking an eternity, but its far better than the alternative.

Given that you've had 4 relationships by 17 seems pretty good to me, even if they didn't work out well. I think you should be optimistic. Most relationships don't work out well in the end. And in all likelihood what you want in a partner now is going to change over the next few years anyway.

Just my opinion, but I think you ought to focus more right now on your future and who you want to be more than finding someone to be with. Chances are you'll find someone to be with anyway without much effort, and if you meet them doing while doing what you want to do and what's important to you then so much better as you're more likely to have enough in common to build a relationship on.

Best wishes. Confusedmile:

I am not omnipotent. Thus honestly I do not know what will happen to you in life.

To be honest, I know a couple three people who have spent the majority of their lives alone. One has been in serial relationships, another has 'opted out' of the whole dating/relationship scene. The other - I really do not know what they think, want or need.

The majority of people I know have had mixed results. A couple three have had very long, monogamous relationships and look to be doing the whole 'until death do us part' thing.

Between these two extremes falls the majority who have had varying levels of 'success' in the love department.

If you are young (late teens to 30) chances are much lower that you will find 'The One'. Most of the people I know who did find relationship material and are in mostly stable, mostly healthy relationships did so in their 30's. This is largely due to how we mature over time and how we gain experience and understanding of our world and other humans.

I would say that eventually you will (most likely) find that one person that does the whole 'this is my life' thing for you. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow.

I would advise you to not put a limit or set unrealistic goals. And certainly do not expect to find that person in a bar or through a personal ad. I met my partner in life in an AA meeting... the very last place I would have thought, and during a period of my life when I had sworn off of men and the whole idea of relationships viewing the whole thing as a perpetual lost cause.

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:I am not omnipotent. Thus honestly I do not know what will happen to you in life.

To be honest, I know a couple three people who have spent the majority of their lives alone. One has been in serial relationships, another has 'opted out' of the whole dating/relationship scene. The other - I really do not know what they think, want or need.

The majority of people I know have had mixed results. A couple three have had very long, monogamous relationships and look to be doing the whole 'until death do us part' thing.

Between these two extremes falls the majority who have had varying levels of 'success' in the love department.

If you are young (late teens to 30) chances are much lower that you will find 'The One'. Most of the people I know who did find relationship material and are in mostly stable, mostly healthy relationships did so in their 30's. This is largely due to how we mature over time and how we gain experience and understanding of our world and other humans.

I would say that eventually you will (most likely) find that one person that does the whole 'this is my life' thing for you. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow.

I would advise you to not put a limit or set unrealistic goals. And certainly do not expect to find that person in a bar or through a personal ad. I met my partner in life in an AA meeting... the very last place I would have thought, and during a period of my life when I had sworn off of men and the whole idea of relationships viewing the whole thing as a perpetual lost cause.

I'm 17, never been to a bar, thats really cool my dad is 14 years clean and sober in april.

perhaps you have forgtten how to search? when you look for a lost cellphone, you ask everyone you know if they have seen it right? you have to do that with love to. you have to expose a vunerable side of yourself and tell the world "look earth- HERE I AM. TAKE ME IN YOUR ARMS! AND CARRY ME AWAYYY!!!!" *dramatic pose* this translates to- open your mind, you love is probably sitting right next to you as you read this, or messaging you. You're just not realizing it!

never be in doubt, m'dear. As cliche' as it sounds- they ARE out there. And when you find them, it's gonna hit you like a train. And you'll just.. know Smile don't focus so much on looking, just focus on living, and love will let itself in.