Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Post promiscuity trauma
MisterLove Wrote:You should definitely be scared of STDs but there's no reason to be paranoid.

I once caught genital warts and was able to treat them effectively but I also went through a 'paranoid' phase; I started to feel this weird pain in my testicles and even went to see a doctor (urologist) about it but it turned out to be purely psychological. Weird but true.

So, my advice is this: do regular check ups, do some research and some reading on the subject of STDs, talk to doctors but there's no need to get obsessed about it.

Wow,that happened? I hope that's my case. I just went and get my blood sample taken,and the result will be out in a week. Not sure why it's so damn long,but I am living in a freaking third world country and homophobic to add on,luckily I have a gay doctor friend of mine to consult with should there be any problem with my result later on.

As for others:

@LJay: I do a lot of reading before engaging in hook up,then decided I'll take a risk anyway (with safe sex of course),but that still doesn't eliminate the chance that I could catch STD,so getting tested regularly is definitely in my head before hooking up. This is my first test. And I just think it's too stressful and costing me money that I can't afford every now and then,so getting out of hook up scene is my decision.

@Bowyn: Thank you,really. I learnt my lesson,and I won't regret my action,but there goes my short promiscuity phase. At least now I won't feel like I left out something in the future. It was definitely my decision to get into hook up scene,and again,it's also my decision to get out from it too. Smile