Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Posts In Word Games Held For Moderation??
OK, this is a new one...I was posting on the Longest series of posts" thread and started getting held for moderation.??!!!?!?!?!?

Yeah, that actually happened to me, too.

Also, my posts that were held for moderation have never appeared. Also,I emailed a question using the "contact us" form, but never got an answer. I'm starting to wonder if this is a robo-site lol.

Is there anyone ouuuuut there?

Yes, even *those* posts can get held for moderation. But both of you guys are past that now. It's still worth 50 quick posts rather than pouring your heart out in a long post only to have it never show. Welcome to the now-unmoderated-for-you forum!

My post got moderated for having "fish ladies" in it, I don't remember how I began to talk about fish in the first place, but I didn't mean anything nasty.

As I found out "fish ladies" was the problem, I just made fun out of it, and purposely wrote the fish ladies would cry and such. Now it is a intern joke xD

"Moderation", if we can call it that way, is probably completely random on gs. I've seen a newbie post "sex" and "bareback sex" as full comments with no problem; then people type a long comment with no swear word or dirty language at all and the site goes "comment deleted cuz no 50 posts yet lol". But you should be fine now that you reached 50 posts.

Senpaija Wrote:My post got moderated for having "fish ladies" in it, I don't remember how I began to talk about fish in the first place, but I didn't mean anything nasty.

As I found out "fish ladies" was the problem, I just made fun out of it, and purposely wrote the fish ladies would cry and such. Now it is a intern joke xD

As [MENTION=24308]Piri[/MENTION] said, I think the moderation process is pretty random. As for Fish2 Fish Ladies Fish2 ...my daughter has decided that she wants to be a FisherLady when she grows up - I'm not exactly sure what that means, but she lived part of her young life on a boat and loved it and was very enthusiastic about fishing...

If I weren't scared of deep water, spending time on a boat on the ocean does sound nice. But
I hope her dream comes true Smile A fisherlady just sound like a lady who fish, or is that false?

Matt608 Wrote:Yeah, that actually happened to me, too.

Also, my posts that were held for moderation have never appeared. Also,I emailed a question using the "contact us" form, but never got an answer. I'm starting to wonder if this is a robo-site lol.

Is there anyone ouuuuut there?

Andy, the admin (and creator?) of the forum, has been a ghost for as long as I've been here. He only shows up if things are getting crazy/broken. Vicious arguments or bugs disrupting functionality of the forum.
The forum is self-moderating, both by its users reporting problems and the very strict automated moderation tool. The tool is what prevents heaps of spam posts, advertisements and trolls.
I believe the good outweighs the bad a thousandfold.

Cuddly Wrote:Andy, the admin (and creator?) of the forum, has been a ghost for as long as I've been here. He only shows up if things are getting crazy/broken. Vicious arguments or bugs disrupting functionality of the forum.
The forum is self-moderating, both by its users reporting problems and the very strict automated moderation tool. The tool is what prevents heaps of spam posts, advertisements and trolls.
I believe the good outweighs the bad a thousandfold.

I agree with you. This forum is a good place, and it's well worth dealing with the minor quirks.

All we were saying is that it's a bit frustrating to be told that posts held for moderation will appear after being approved, and then have then fall into a CyberAbyss, never to be seen again...that's happened to me and to 3 other people I've talked to. Lol [MENTION=24419]Matt608[/MENTION] has been waiting since the beginning of April for some of his posts to show up. Also, it's a tad confusing to be told to go to Word Games to accumulate your 50 posts, and then have those posts held too.

But we've survived to post another day, and it's all good...

Pyromancer Wrote:I agree with you. This forum is a good place, and it's well worth dealing with the minor quirks.

All we were saying is that it's a bit frustrating to be told that posts held for moderation will appear after being approved, and then have then fall into a CyberAbyss, never to be seen again...that's happened to me and to 3 other people I've talked to. Lol [MENTION=24419]Matt608[/MENTION] has been waiting since the beginning of April for some of his posts to show up. Also, it's a tad confusing to be told to go to Word Games to accumulate your 50 posts, and then have those posts held too.

But we've survived to post another day, and it's all good...

Yeah it's not perfect. But now that you're over 50 posts you're safe. Your posts will no longer disapear into the abyss.