Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Power is Out
Sooooo, my power is out , before you ask I am posting from my Iphone via tapatalk.

Anyway, my first experience with a guy came directly as a result of a power outage.

Lights off, alcohol, youth, horniness, etc.

Does anyone have any other interesting power outage stories they'd like to share?

Richard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Candles.

That is all.

Lol our lights locally almost always go out in bad weather, especially Hurricanes, so we often play cards, tell tales and myths or just play with the Candles and Flash Lights lol.

Once, I went out in a Hurricane and a Mini-Tornado swept up all around me, leaves slapping me all over the places :p. I think it was during or just after Fabian (2005)...

We are kinda used to it, what with all the Hurricanes we get, so I've many Stories Wink , even some Bermudian Folk Lore (from the Days when we were known as The Isle of Devils and after) that links to Hurricanes and power outages and stuff :p

I wish there was a storm.

Nope this power outage falls squarely at the feet of the incompetence of East Alabama Power.

Richard

So power is back, but I would still love to hear any cool power outage stories.

Richard

Well my friend came over to spend the night one time and we found this game we going to play, then the power went out, soooooo we ended up playing with lincoln logs.

Hi
What Fun
We get that A LOT

Our energy supplier (ESKOM)'s bankrupt because of government fraud and corruption! They spin this into "power-outages" because "the demand is too high" (You see, it's the tax payer's fault and of course industry who needs electricity)

The other cause of course is cable theft.

The thief causes a power out, cut's the cable, attaches it to a vehicle and rips it out the ground. It get's sold and shipped to the East where it is sold back to SA What fun

Of course nobody says that the theft is an inside job (Who the hell knows how to create a major power-out but the employees)

Ok rant over
So we scrabble round for freezers to save our groceries, run gas burners to bath our kids and walk from room to room with candles.

Being a outdoorsey guy I'm pretty rigged to cope with that but it really fucks up our life

Oh and the poor people have more babies to make them poorer

Another good thing the Government has done for us :mad:

Well my first experience was in a power outage, that is to say in a tent in the middle of the field, no.power - does that count? :p its true.

its been a few years here that we had a power outage but live in a rural area so long time ago setup:
-a small generator i picked up on ebay for cheep after the year 2000 millennium y2k panic (thank gods for stupid in the US)
-a separate heater and rusty full tank of propane.

We had a power outage in our neighborhood yesterday afternoon that lasted about 5 hours. The sad part is I have a Whole House Generator and that darn thing stopped working after just 1 hour.

I will have to call a repair man today and get that generator working again. It's Hurricane season here in Florida and I don't want to be without a generator again!!.

After Hurricane Ivan (8 years ago) we were without power for 30 days.
We Have Elvis !!