Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Powerful & evocative images from the past
These will probably interest you [MENTION=21558]Emiliano[/MENTION]

"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

Thank you, [MENTION=18457]LONDONER[/MENTION]. Something to be checked out later on.

Those are definitely images I find interesting. Bridges under construction always blow my mind. And to compare images that make me so impressed by the ingenuity and creative potential of humanity with images of our ability to cause such massive destruction and pain... it's a powerful mix. Maybe it's the wine, but I had some very strong reactions to some of those. The power of photography to capture those moments in time is incredible, intimate, and haunting. Thanks for sharing.

Also, have you ever read Susan Sontag's Regarding the Pain of Others? I read/looked at that book one morning waiting for a friend to wake up and it fucked my day up. It's very powerful and reminds me a bit of this collection.

Emiliano Wrote:Those are definitely images I find interesting. Bridges under construction always blow my mind. And to compare images that make me so impressed by the ingenuity and creative potential of humanity with images of our ability to cause such massive destruction and pain... it's a powerful mix. Maybe it's the wine, but I had some very strong reactions to some of those. The power of photography to capture those moments in time is incredible, intimate, and haunting. Thanks for sharing.

Also, have you ever read Susan Sontag's Regarding the Pain of Others? I read/looked at that book one morning waiting for a friend to wake up and it fucked my day up. It's very powerful and reminds me a bit of this collection.

Thanks [MENTION=21558]Emiliano[/MENTION]. No, I haven't read that book. I'm almost incapable of reading at length at this very moment having just had an operation that makes reading very tiring. It's something I might look out for in the future.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams