Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Presidential Debate
East Wrote:Obama was initially my last choice in the 2008 Primaries....

I thought he was too conservative for my tastes and as a Liberal I have hated his penchant for reaching across the aisle to accommodate the Tea Party....

Dennis Kucinich was always my first choice and the candidate I loved...Hillary Clinton was a close second but Ralph Nader and Mark Gonzalez would have gotten my vote after Kucinich and Clinton.

Obama has advanced GLBT people since Day One...and YES...he took a calculated risk by supporting gay marriage...but it wasn't for the gay people's support because as we can see right here...most dont' care enough to even vote or support the guy who is supporting you (...politicos already know that...they are well aware of the demographics and voting habits of the constituents)...but because of his LIBERAL BASE who was NOT energized to go to the voting booth He needed to shore up his liberal base or he had NO CHANCE of winning....and LIBERALS have fought for gay equality all along...it is an important part of social justice...and Obama was speaking to them specifically when he supported marriage equality. It worked...I am a proud Liberal and I immediately donated to his campaign...the same day...and I have continued to do so.

Romney has failed to shore up his conservative base...this is why he flip flops...he is trying to appeal to them because without them he is screwed....and the polls show it.

Forget about the popular vote...it is the electoral vote that matters and he is NOT within striking distance.

Believe it or not, Romney has managed to energise an extreme minority of his base.
The Ayn Rand-ers...Objectivists aren't they called?; his 47% remark spawned several threads on my other forum, saying "ROMNEY IS SO RIGHT!" basically.
That and because it's expected Romney...or at least Paul Ryan will want to gut welfare, they're over the moon.
They hope it would end the entitlement era, where people have the gall to expect food, water and shelter from the government.

To quote:
Quote:Mitt is absolutely correct. There ARE 47% of Americans who are so bound determined to get "freebies" from the government they will vote for any liberal or any democrat regardless of the damage he does to this country, regardless of his motives, regardless of his absolute ineptitude and regardless of his unwillingness to allow America to know the truth of his history. Obummer supporters, he's talking to YOU!

America doesn’t owe you a house.
America doesn’t owe you free health insurance,
America doesn’t owe you free food.
America doesn’t owe you free internet.
America doesn’t owe you free cell phones.
America doesn’t owe you free transportation.
America doesn’t owe you free clothing.
America doesn’t owe you free secondary education.
America doesn’t owe you free birth control.
America doesn’t owe you a higher standard of living than 90% of the world.
America doesn’t owe you ANYTHING! Your birthright as an American citizen is opportunity; opportunity to succeed or fail based on your own efforts. Anything beyond that comes from the benevolence of those who work and pay taxes. Those who cannot work are supported by the benevolence of their fellow Americans; not because they are “entitled” to the fruits of another man’s labor. Note: This does NOT apply to those who have earned their retirements by their contribution.

If you voted for Obama and lost your job it’s your own fault. You voted in the ones who caused the recession and you voted for the incompetent who made it worse. Liberals have kept us dependant on foreign energy. Liberals forced lenders to finance homes to those who couldn’t afford them out of “fairness.” Liberals have increased legislation so much that many countries have had to outsource production. Liberals are to blame for toilets that don’t work and the fact that the nation which invented the light bulb can no longer produce them. Liberals designed a social welfare system that destroys families and creates generational poverty in order to develop a permanent underclass dependant on entitlements. Liberals believe in the greatness of government and the weakness of man, not the tyranny of government and the greatness of the individual. It is the liberals who ultimately destroy democracies and republics but demanding ever more of their neighbor’s treasure until the economy collapses.

Now the crybabies are upset because Romney understands they will never vote for anyone who doesn’t promise them more freebies? Well, grab a crying towel and dust off your work boots, because Americans are growing tired of working like dogs to support a nation of pussycats. We ARE GOING to take back this country, restore growth and restore jobs. We will have to do it without the whining dependant class. We’ll keep our God, our guns, and our freedom. You can keep the change.
Quite a shock to people like this that most of the 47% reside in red states.

I guess would vote for Obama if my vote would actually count. Living in South Carolina, where there's a 150% chance of the electoral votes going to Romney, my vote is effectively worthless.

Interesting article, I haven't dug much deeper into the background but it's some food for thought: http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/truth...ction.html

Miles Prower Wrote:I guess would vote for Obama if my vote would actually count. Living in South Carolina, where there's a 150% chance of the electoral votes going to Romney, my vote is effectively worthless.

Interesting article, I haven't dug much deeper into the background but it's some food for thought: http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/truth...ction.html

Same here, my state (Arkansas) is going to Romney, lock stock and barrel. Oh well at least I can say I did vote and, I didn't vote for Romney if he wins.