Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pride
June 17th and 18th are the New Mexico pride Festival dates here in southern New Mexico, USA. If you have never been to a Pride event you really should make the effort to go, this year I will have 6 allies going as well as 5 gay friends that have never been to a Pride Event.
If you are worried who will see you there, why are they there? Plus as I said allies also go to show support. It's alot of fun and does make a statement to main stream. Ours is kid friendly with face painting, jumping ballons, humane society animals, etc. Look up your Pride around the world and try to make it a date, JimConfusedmile:
[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRz-Six7p24KDjrx1F_V...A&usqp=CAU]

I am heading to San Francisco Pride on June 22-24th and I am looking forward to it. I have been to Chicago Pride and that has been pretty cool. 250,000 people is pretty cool, yet I have heard that SF Pride has like 1.2 million, I love to people watch and I am also going to take lots of pictures so it should be a good time.

I know it sounds silly but I don't really see the point of gay pride, I've been asked to go with a friend and I just don't see the point, straight people don't have a "straight pride" day lol

I lived in Mardi Gras city (Sydney) for over 30 years, never once went to the Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras...interesting fact, my str8 brother has been to 3 Mardi Gras.

Just not into crowds and flash and ritz. Prefer Flanno over flair.

I live 50 yards from the site of Manchester Pride, bit churlish not to go. Bought our tickets this morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

I don't understand these... I mean, what's the point?

mrk2010 Wrote:I know it sounds silly but I don't really see the point of gay pride, I've been asked to go with a friend and I just don't see the point, straight people don't have a "straight pride" day lol

Because we are shunned and forced to hide and be ashamed and pride is about turning that on its head and saying we are queer, we are here, we are healthy and happy. It's empowering it's community and it's political.

Straight ppl are embraced they don't need to come out.

Hmm, I guess people just believe more strongly in their sexuality. Personally, I don't care who knows, as long as the person I love knows, and that's a given. I'm not my sexuality, I'm me. To me it's exactly like running up to someone who likes cats and telling them I like puppies. They might have something against puppies, but I could care less. I like puppies and my puppy knows it. That's all that matters.
I really do like puppies though. lol

Gaydude3 Wrote:Because we are shunned and forced to hide and be ashamed and pride is about turning that on its head and saying we are queer, we are here, we are healthy and happy. It's empowering it's community and it's political.

Straight ppl are embraced they don't need to come out.

Well yeah but you don't see straight people having a parade through the streets with banners saying saying 'I'm straight get over it' lol I dunno I just typically don't care about other peoples sexualities whether they are straight, bi, gay, lesbian etc it's nobodies business but their own. Typically I wouldn't say we are shunned where I live it's more a case of its a bit uncomfortable to talk about. Well I guess it's gonna be a case of no gay pride for me then lol

mrk2010 Wrote:I know it sounds silly but I don't really see the point of gay pride, I've been asked to go with a friend and I just don't see the point, straight people don't have a "straight pride" day lol

I tend to agree. I went to one......and......it was of the worst experiences ever. They did things in public I would never dream of. lol. And I was treated coldly cause I was bi. So No more for me. Keep on doing it for sure.....just not for me.

,Mick