Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pride
I hear there is a pride event in nyc, I've never been to one before so i guess that will be my first.

Yeah, they have a big one in the city. I'm thinking of going myself. It's either that or the one in Boston. Maybe run I'll into you and your boyfriend, hehe ;D

OMG! Bry lets go! Idk when or where, you'll have to fill me in.

mrk2010 straights always have a straight pride day, its everyday, lol

I go to pride to people watch mostly and also just to have a good time. Its just fun to see so many different types of people come out of the woodwork for this one special time of the year and have a parade and just celebrate who they are. I mean you don't have to like it or not like it, its all up to you. If you don't then just don't go to them and enough said and if you do have a great time. I am going to go and I am going to have a blast no matter what. I haven't been to one in like 5 years so I guess going every 5 years doesn't hurt.

Plus I have never seen 1.2 million queers in one place, yeah I am sure some of them will be bi as well, they have to have a place to celebrate being bi, lol.

I was to afraid to get out during last years spring pride, I guess I be to afraid this year to although heh :redface: But I've never been mutch for events, partying or parades. Although I never really knew that it was so big in Eskilstuna. To me that parade felt never lasting... For being a ratter small town Smile

Sometimes you need a bit of chaos in your life to be able to shrug off pitiful disdain about something meaningless.

Zet, you should get a friend (it can be a female friend) and go out there.... who's to know that you are gay? Maybe you are just gay-friendly?

Bluefox4000, sorry about your experiance at pride, would not occur here as it is a huge mix of gay, trans, bi, questioning, allies, etc. It is a party after all so should be for all, Jim
[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRz-Six7p24KDjrx1F_V...A&usqp=CAU]

Never been to one but I'm considering going this summer. As for the debate so far as to the point of it all, try living deep in the bible belt and you'll figure that out real quick. There's still an awful lot of hate, misunderstanding, and outright bigotry. For something you can't change (sexuality) any more than you could change species.

Take a look at Westboro Baptist Church. Ridiculous as it is those people are serious, and there's a lot of them.

Follow the political news. There's a real chance of a constitutional amendment banning gay marriage. I for one don't want this.

Maybe there's better ways to fight the bigotry, but putting large numbers of people in the street in a very visible way does make "us" seem a bit less of a minority IMO.

nfisher, u far from las cruces nm? our city with the glbtq center is very rewarding, even the nmsu has a center for glbtq folks, jim
[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRz-Six7p24KDjrx1F_V...A&usqp=CAU]