Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pride
I don't see myself at a pride event in any of the foreseeable future.

I'm 100% cool with who I am (with my orientation anyway... Rolleyes) but those kind of things kinda freak me out. I get claustrophobic in crowds, and with all that skin and yelling and atmosphere I would probably go try and hide in a bathroom somewhere.

I am perfectly fine being gay, I just prefer be it in the comfort of my own home.

Deryn Wrote:. . . I would probably go try and hide in a bathroom somewhere.

Oh yeah, that'd be safe! :tongue:

monk Wrote:Oh yeah, that'd be safe! :tongue:

RoflmaoRoflmaoRoflmao

Hello,
Brighton Pride is 1st September this year and I wont be attending.. I never go along to it because i celebrate my sexuality everyday by being myself... Furthermore the pubs put drink price4s up massively and it works out too expensive also the mess remaining can be a complerte nightmare.. I know our pride pulls around 250-500k people from all over UK and europe as Brighton is known as Gay capital of Europe....

Kindest regards

Zeon x

I have never actually seen the parade...ever....and I worked in the gay community for most of my life. I avoided it the best I could and used to volunteer to work bartending so I wouldn't have to go. I did have to work at the party afterward in the beer booths a few times because I was forced to do it for my job. The only thing I remember thinking to myself is..."Where the hell did all these people come from?":biggrin:

San Diego Pride this July yayuh

id be thinking

God so many men so littole competition supply and demand means im missing out lol

James Wrote:nfisher, u far from las cruces nm? our city with the glbtq center is very rewarding, even the nmsu has a center for glbtq folks, jim

Sorry, just saw this. I'm in the process of moving from central Arkansas back to northeast Ohio. But I've been to Las Cruces a few times and it's a nice little city.

James Wrote:If you have never been to a Pride event you really should make the effort to go
James Wrote:If you are worried who will see you there, why are they there?
I had wanted to go to a PrideFest for years but was always too afraid. My 2 biggest fears being:
The standard 'what if someone sees me there'
And the fact that I would be going by myself (thought it'd be odd to go alone and figured I'd be uncomfortable too)

Well I went to my 1st one last June Big Grin (& have some pis's & videos to proove it LOL)
Once there all I can say is I wasn't the least bit uncomfortable or scared..infact I felt like I fit right in & was just another face in the crowd Smile
Don't think I've seen so many people in one place before. I didn't go to the prade, just PrideFest itself and can say it was pretty cool Smile

Then I went to another much smaller one in August Smile

So if you guys even somewhat think you want to go to the one in your city/state do like James says & "make the effort to go"

Oh and if you go...
Don't forget the camera
And extra batteries!
also I highly recommend for a preview go on YouTube and search for 3 words: 'your city' "pridefest" and "2011" .. very likely you will get a nice list of results (most if not all taken by average people who attended last year)

Deryn Wrote:those kind of things kinda freak me out. I get claustrophobic in crowds, and with all that skin and yelling and atmosphere
I'm fairly shy and usually uncomfortable around crowds... pridefest was different I wasn't the least bit uncomfortable being in that big crowd...

monk Wrote:Oh yeah, that'd be safe! :tongue:

... Darn. I have been out-logicked. I really would not do well at one of these.

Good catch monk. But I shall have my revenge soon, on this day I resolve to restore my family's honor. :biggrin: