Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pride 2013
MisterTinkles Wrote:Do blondes have a "pride parade"? Ive never heard of one.
Do people with arms and legs have a "pride parade"? Ive never seen one.
Do "straight" people have "hetero pride parades"? Ive never heard of one..

This is such an asinine argument. There are St. Patrick's day parades that celebrate Irish cultures, here in Quebec we have St. Jean Baptiste parade to celebrate French Canadian cultures, there are Orange parades to celebrate Protestantism, St. Andrew's parades are held in several places in Canada.

Does any ethnic or cultural group not have a day of celebration of their heritage and community?

I have never been and to be honest, from those parades that I have seen on TV, they don't attract me. Those parades that feature so many men dressed as women, women dressed as men etc., I believe just reinforce the stereotype of gays when we know that is not the case. However, it would seem that those who take part in those sort of parades are the extroverts who just want to show off.

However, having said that, I did see one report on the Sydney Mardi Gras that looked real fun.

LONDONER Wrote:I have never been and to be honest, from those parades that I have seen on TV, they don't attract me. Those parades that feature so many men dressed as women, women dressed as men etc., I believe just reinforce the stereotype of gays when we know that is not the case. However, it would seem that those who take part in those sort of parades are the extroverts who just want to show off.

However, having said that, I did see one report on the Sydney Mardi Gras that looked real fun.

I feel the same.

Hope I could join this year..

Ok I left Santa Fe early. It was actually kinda lame. I won't be going back.

I went to a Pride festival last weekend (skipped the parade though)
..and yep, went by myself too...

if you dont like it do not go. i love gay pride. its very important and special to me. im leftout sometimes because im not a good as everyone else. normal people. but i fit in at gay pride. im a gay man i can join in. its important to me.if your do not like it leave it alone.

Nick9 Wrote:Smile will you go this year? Have you ever been? How was it? Smile

I believe the first one this year is in San Francisco - June 29-30

http://sfpride.org/

I have never tried. I am afraid I will feel out of place and sort of pushed aside and excluded if I go alone (which is the only option).

When is the Pride in your area? Smile

What makes you think you will be out of place or pushed aside?

Richard

I will be going to Montreal pride this year! since I live in the city lol. It will be the first time I go to Montreal Pride... I ve been to Toronto Pride and Capital pride(Ottawa) before.

Pride can be fun, its what you make of it Smile Last year I was actually IN the pride parade and that was a different experience all together! Seeing all the support from the crowd watching, cheering happy pride. We were dancing in the streets and just having a great time. I will never forget that experience.

OrphanPip Wrote:This is such an asinine argument. There are St. Patrick's day parades that celebrate Irish cultures, here in Quebec we have St. Jean Baptiste parade to celebrate French Canadian cultures, there are Orange parades to celebrate Protestantism, St. Andrew's parades are held in several places in Canada.

Does any ethnic or cultural group not have a day of celebration of their heritage and community?

Ive never seen hetero people have parades for being hetero.

Cultural (race or religious) parades are different.

"Gay" parades are themed parades. **I** am NOT a "theme", I am a human being.
Gay is ONLY one person preferring the same sex, as a partner. Nothing more!!!
It is not a religious institution, it is has nothing to do with race, color, or background.
Just like being blonde, brunette, dark haired, red haired, white haired, or eye color has anything to do with "pride".

These "pride" parades dont show any kind of pride. They show stupidity, shallowness, and those who are so self absorbed, they like to "shove it" in other peoples faces.
There is not any kind of pride. If there were, we would see floats with gay doctors and some of the people they have healed, some gay politicians and the laws they helped create, gay firefighters and policemen and the people they have saved.

THAT is pride. Everything else is hypocrisy.