Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pride 2013
gay pride helps make me proud.i can join in and proud abot being gay a who iam.. i feel good. if you dont like it dont come .

It's one of the reason's I was soured on the community for a short while.

Mick

joseph Wrote:if you dont like it do not go. i love gay pride. its very important and special to me. im leftout sometimes because im not a good as everyone else. normal people. but i fit in at gay pride. im a gay man i can join in. its important to me.if your do not like it leave it alone.

Joseph,
don't think about yourself that way, please Bighug You are a great friend and I am glad you are here. And I am sure people in your "real" life have the same opinion.

MisterTinkles Wrote:Ive never seen hetero people have parades for being hetero.

Cultural (race or religious) parades are different.

"Gay" parades are themed parades. **I** am NOT a "theme", I am a human being.
Gay is ONLY one person preferring the same sex, as a partner. Nothing more!!!
It is not a religious institution, it is has nothing to do with race, color, or background.
Just like being blonde, brunette, dark haired, red haired, white haired, or eye color has anything to do with "pride".

These "pride" parades dont show any kind of pride. They show stupidity, shallowness, and those who are so self absorbed, they like to "shove it" in other peoples faces.
There is not any kind of pride. If there were, we would see floats with gay doctors and some of the people they have healed, some gay politicians and the laws they helped create, gay firefighters and policemen and the people they have saved.

THAT is pride. Everything else is hypocrisy.

At times I hate you Mr Tinkles....

...And not for reasons you may think.

The only difference between your opinion of Gay Pride Parades and my opinion of Gay Pride Parades is that I keep my mouth shut.Xyxthumbs

I agree with what you say, the Gay Day Floats are nearly nude boys and/or Girls showing off their bodies and rubbing it in. The whole point of going appears to be to get drunk, hook up with a random sex partner and then party like its 1999... And sex. And Sex, And SEX SEX SEX....

To make it worse, the Media will wait for as long as it takes for the most obscene and stereotypical individuals to come down the road and that will be the 'sound byte' for the whole event.

Once again demonstrating to the rest of the world that homosexuals are lispy, limp wristed sex-fiends that want to make the whole world in to a rainbow colored nudist colony.

There are reasons why gay equates to a certain stereotype regarding promiscuity and our inability to have 'normative relationships', and WE are largely to blame for that. Take our Gay Day festival where Sex is at the top of the list of what we consider important as a community - must be because 90% of the floats and groups that do the parade route are scantily clad and/or promoting sex in some fashion.

There is the fireman Float:

Ok, well hot dancing bodies on a fire truck....Rolleyes

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:At times I hate you Mr Tinkles....

...And not for reasons you may think.

The only difference between your opinion of Gay Pride Parades and my opinion of Gay Pride Parades is that I keep my mouth shut.Xyxthumbs

Dont worry about it, Im used to it.
After all...I AM an Asshole. Tell it like it is, and slap the truth in peoples faces!

If you dont point out the hypocrisy, how's it ever gonna get changed to what its supposed to be?

I dont mind looking at "firemen" on a float, but call it what it is.......
Parade of Sluts. Hot, sweaty, sluts......
Hmmmm, I think Im in the mood for a "parade".
Evilgrin1

ardus Wrote:What makes you think you will be out of place or pushed aside?

Richard

hmm, a shy wallflower? LOL, I don't know. Maybe I could start with exhibits. Last year I was simply afraid I would out myself that way - completely silly, I know.

something sad to share
An associate professor took part in the Pride last year. He also had a banner. This year, our president openly refused to appoint him a professor because of that. It's a bit of formal act, but without the president signature he would not be a professor, even though he has done everything (research, publications etc).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_C._Putna

It was a huge affair several weeks ago. :mad: Several other associate professors refused to come to the ceremonial. As far as I know Mr. Putna will be appointed, but not by the president, they will arrange it somehow that they won't even meet.
It would be laughable if it wasn't so sad Sad

MisterTinkles Wrote:Dont worry about it, Im used to it.
After all...I AM an Asshole. Tell it like it is, and slap the truth in peoples faces!

If you dont point out the hypocrisy, how's it ever gonna get changed to what its supposed to be?

I dont mind looking at "firemen" on a float, but call it what it is.......
Parade of Sluts. Hot, sweaty, sluts......
Hmmmm, I think Im in the mood for a "parade".
Evilgrin1

I love hot sweaty sluts Hubba-hubba-smiley
Richard

Quote:To make it worse, the Media will wait for as long as it takes for the most obscene and stereotypical individuals to come down the road and that will be the 'sound byte' for the whole event.

Once again demonstrating to the rest of the world that homosexuals are lispy, limp wristed sex-fiends that want to make the whole world in to a rainbow colored nudist colony.

Unfortunately, I believe that this is true. What the media takes from the Pride and broadcasts later show all straight people that we are not the same, we are very different. And not in a good way.

Hopefully this'll work...pic from last weekend:
[Image: picture.php?albumid=677&pictureid=4632]
( Martha Wash singing 'Its Raining Men' )

(if it doesn't show, its in my Pride 2013 'album'

MisterTinkles Wrote:Ive never seen hetero people have parades for being hetero.

Cultural (race or religious) parades are different.

How and why are they different? Carnival parades in Rio also have scantily clad people dancing in ostentatious costumes with loud music playing. Moreover, LGBT people do form a cultural group, since we share institutions and media that are not part of mainstream culture. If you are not a theme, why come to a gay forum? Why should this forum exist at all if gay people apparently have no invested interest in participating in gay communities and organizations?

MisterTinkles Wrote:"Gay" parades are themed parades. **I** am NOT a "theme", I am a human being.
Gay is ONLY one person preferring the same sex, as a partner. Nothing more!!!
It is not a religious institution, it is has nothing to do with race, color, or background.
Just like being blonde, brunette, dark haired, red haired, white haired, or eye color has anything to do with "pride".

Whine, whine, whine. Your personal hang ups aren't particularly interesting.

MisterTinkles Wrote:These "pride" parades dont show any kind of pride. They show stupidity, shallowness, and those who are so self absorbed, they like to "shove it" in other peoples faces.
There is not any kind of pride. If there were, we would see floats with gay doctors and some of the people they have healed, some gay politicians and the laws they helped create, gay firefighters and policemen and the people they have saved.

THAT is pride. Everything else is hypocrisy.

Pride parades do feature community groups, politicians, and professionals. It's like you've never been to one. Pride celebrations in Montreal constitute an entire week of events, which this year includes panel discussions on gay comic book characters, LGBT literature, LGBT art exhibits, a children's day in the park, a community day for organizations to set up booths, and of course culminating in the celebratory parade and party.