Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pride Month
Do you celebrate?...go to an event?..parade?..party?

What do you like about it?..dislike about it?

Any good memories?...bad memories?

For me..no celebration..no events...no parades..

I will skip the like/dislike part...I don't have to time to write a novel...

I have rarely been except when I had to work a booth for the nightclub and when that happened..I was so busy I could barely even look around...so no really good memories for me....

The first one I went to in San Jose...it was a group of my friends and a group of maybe a dozen or so lesbians singing folk songs...and tons of tv cameras...the news peeps outnumbered us 4 to 1 LOL.....we finally had to escape....

Uh...do you want to be interviewed? FUCK... NO

So..anyone going?

I'm not sure what to think anymore. In Berlin, CDS is just showing excess. I sort of like it, but a more toned-down version would help more with increasing acceptance and fight stereotypes with the general population. At the Berlin CSD I sometimes get the feeling that all gay men are unrealistically good looking sex machines.

I went to the Pride March a few years ago, had a good time. Don't think I'm going this year, but I'd go again.

I marched in the NYC Pride March a number of years ago! Smile

[Image: PrideParade009.jpg]
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

I have been to a few: San Diego, West Hollywood, & Long Beach and have marched with HRC a few times. To be honest, I feel like the events are missing something and they are not as great as the could be. My biggest complaint is that they never attract really good entertainment at the venue and they try to schedule the bigger names in on Sunday night. Sorry, if I am attending pride, I'm hung over on Sunday and I have to work on Monday(Lol!) I don't want to be a party pooper but I think they should just make it a big 1 day event on a Saturday and pack it in with a hot performance line up.

For whatever reason, Pride Weekend in Denver takes place on Father's Day weekend (we sometimes jokingly call it "Daddy's Day")...plus there's an unrelated yearly one-day music festival that takes place just three blocks away on Saturday. As you can imagine, ithat weekend gets kind of hectic for me. Smile

There's a surprising lack of what you might call "musical performances" at Pride. Even the headliners are usually singers performing to backing tracks. That's fine for what it is, but I do miss actual live music at Pride. A few of us briefly discussed trying to put something together, but since most of us were playing at the music festival - I have a three-hour-plus set I'm preparing for - that didn't really go anywhere. Maybe we'll start early next year and come up with something.

I do watch the parade every year. It's hard to miss, as it goes by my house. Smile I think Denver's Pride parade strikes a good balance between the many facets of "gay life". Gay-specific lawfirms are followed by "dykes on bikes", followed by a corporate float, followed by guys in leather dog masks (and tails), followed by gay-friendly churches... I'm guessing some people think it's "too safe" and others feel like it's "too wild"...which suggests it's just about right.

Lex

My late partner loved Gay Pride Weekend.because there was so much fun and a lot of dancing and hanging out with close friends. However, after he passed away...I stopped going...but I did go last year because my friends convinced me to...and I had a good time...but like you...I did not want to be interviewed and put on television because my life is private and not for display...that's just me...but I do love to dance and have a good time and then leave when the time is appropriate.