Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pride month is about to come to a close
Well I had a great time this year in my first ever gay pride celebration. At first I was only going to do the park thing but being with my new friend that I have made this year we did the whole thing from the rally at our state Capital to the parade to the park full of things to do. Even though my group had a both their as well, well all got to enjoy all the festivities and even preformed on the main stage. Afterwards we all moved the party to the only gay bar in the city.

So to all of you that have helped me understand myself and stood by my ups and downs thank you.

Now It brings me to the interesting part of the afternoon that I would like to share. First off not sure what you all think of taro card readings, but from me I really don't take much stock in them but this one been making me day dream too much. I'll try to keep this short.

So I sat down at the end of the day say what the hell and decided to get a reading done. Was ask if I had a question that needed to be answered. I say not really just a general the though about my career so I asked that but said general was ok as well. She told me will do a general if job is the important one it will show up, well it was not the pressing issue in the cards. I did the shuffle and followed her instructions which I made a wise crack about the death card not showing up, she laughed. She asked if I got mad easy I said yes. I never elaborated on any of my answers. Then she said that I am having a hard time letting go of something that is in my past. At first I said i could not think of anything, and then it clicked my church group is that one thing that I have yet to let go of. She said that I am finishing a cycle and a new cycle is starting and it is moving very fast like withing the next 3 months. She told me that there is a romantic relationship that is going to happen. She said he was strong, he was romantic and know when to do things and when not to do things, plus he honors his heritage as well. She told me that he keeps coming up and that the relationship was going to take time but it will be a long relationship. On a final note she told me that in all the years she has done these readings she has never seen the card lay the way they just did..

So me being the septic I am now it has gotten me to think that there might be some truth to the readings because this week I feel has been a turning point because I interview for a job that will start in mid July and today I went in for an orientation for that job.

Sorry for the long winded post.

OK DLboy I'm just going to hi-jack your thread a bit. I was looking for one concerning Pride celebrations to post Hilary Clinton's message to the LGBT community. Thanks for letting me do that, haha (not that you had any say in it Wink)

And, as a personal message to DL, thanks for letting us know where you're at. I'm hoping that you are, as you mentioned, moving on and that the romantic relationship is blossoming.. Has it started???

Gay pride in Brighton and Hove - UK begins 1st weekend in september if your due to plan any holidays and want to carry on... I got roped into selling hotdogs.... How sexual is THAT going to be!

zeon Wrote:Gay pride in Brighton and Hove - UK begins 1st weekend in september if your due to plan any holidays and want to carry on... I got roped into selling hotdogs.... How sexual is THAT going to be!

Depends how much mustard you spray on them?

The month of June went by fast :eek:

I did go to the Gay Pride (or Pridefest as they call it here) in Denver back around mid-june... 2nd time I've been there, but 1st time I went to the parade.

I'd kinda like to go to Pridefest in Colorado Springs July 21/22. (is that next weekend :eek: already?) but its kinda far from me..and I'm not comfortable going there by myself

Then Boulder 's Pridefest is September 16. also kinda far, but I may go to that one.. (I did last year too Smile so this would be a 2nd time)

princealbertofb Wrote:And, as a personal message to DL, thanks for letting us know where you're at. I'm hoping that you are, as you mentioned, moving on and that the romantic relationship is blossoming.. Has it started???

Well I would have to say that took an interesting twist today. First off I was going to respond this morning but ran out of time so I held off. I was going to say that nothing really has happened yet,but I have been in corresponding through a web dating site with this one guy who does happen to be a man of culture, but we have not moved beyond emails.

Well the twist is that I had told him about square dancing on Monday night and behold to my surprise he showed up tonight unexpected with another friend of mine. We did spend quite a bit of time talking during our breaks, so I think that is a good sign along with the fact he also emailed me and said that he was going to try to return next Monday as well.

This is the first year that I have ever missed pride. I moved to china in January 2012 so you can understand why.