Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problems with sisters
Stick to your guns. It has all been said above. Family members should not take each other for granted. Nor should they fail to make courteous arrangements. You have every right to tell her that if she can't do those things then you must simply say no.
I bid NO Trump!

Dan1980 Wrote:This is really a moan about my sisters, all they want me to do is babysit and today I dared to say no. She called me all the names under the sun and that I am a bad brother. For once I have been asked to go out tonight and decide to go. Now I am feeling bad, this is the first time I have said no, her shouting at me as really upset me.

I hope you stuck to your guns and went out to enjoy yourself tonight Dan!

Your sister seems to be taking advantage of your good nature. She needs to be reminded that you actually have a life independent of her needs. Family members can sometimes take advantage, playing the 'family card' guilt trip. As others have said, you've done nothing wrong by doing what you want tonight. It's your sister that's being selfish here for not understanding and just assuming that you will come running when she snaps her fingers.

Hope you have a good night out Confusedmile:
<<<<I'm just consciousness having a human experience>>>>

Your sister is trying to control you by using guilt. Don't fall for it. She an ungrateful cow who needs to learn she can't use you.

Dan, I bet you are a great uncle and love babysitting the kid(s), right?

I think [MENTION=20941]Camfer[/MENTION] has a good idea.

Why dont you do something thats seems irresponsible but is also harmless. You could put something sticky on baby's hands, so it gets stuck in mommy's hair when she comes to the baby. Problem solved you will be forever remember as the guy that got the baby sticky and it ruined your sisters hairdo.

Or photoshop pictures of you and the baby in places that you shouldnt take a baby and post them on facebook. Like steels mills or crack houses, you will never get baby duty again.