Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Productive Saturdays
So far this morning I have replaced the steel spring foundation on my grandparents' iron bed with a plywood base for the mattress so that you can sleep on it without destroying your back, vacuumed and washed the floor and cleaned all the furniture in that spare room, replaced the glass in the verandah balcony door, mended some shingles on the verandah roof, 4 loads of laundry, cleaned the 5 cat boxes including a good scrub and sanitizing, moved a dresser and the steel spring from the 2nd floor to the basement, gone on-line and found replacements for the riceware porcelain plates broken by the cats, returned my chainsaw to working order, fixed the cat mouse toy on a stick and replaced the smoke detectors with 10 year lithium battery models.

And then I broke for lunch and to see what everyone else is up to. I love a good productive Saturday.

If I didn't have to go to a birthday party from 3-6pm today......I'd get even more done.

So what id everyone else up to today?

I'm just relaxing while I try not to strangle you out of jealousy.
I bid NO Trump!

I didn't do anything productive today Sad And I have tons of homework to do. ugh.

done 2 big baskets of laundry, cleaned the whole house, done my monthly shopping, and cooked a big portion of dishes for breakfast, lunch, and dinner

I hung out with my 5 year old nephew (president of the international Virge fan club) and my room mate all day until it was time to let his parents have him back. It was warm (low 50s) through last night and this morning so we had fun taking the dogs out to run with the horses while his teen sisters rode alone and I held on to my little buddy letting him have the reins. Then Ray took my nieces out for a "lunch date" so they could flirt with local boys while little man napped and I did laundry, combed out my cats (they love it) and pulled down curtains to wash tomorrow. As for dusting -- a never ending chore -- I managed to pull down everything on top of the kitchen cabinets, dust the tops and then put up everything I took down before I had to wake up my nephew and let his parents have him back.

Today was my great nephew's 1st bday (Trenton Scott).

I was there from 1PM until 7ish, got home at 8 and watched "Grumpy Cat - Worst Christmas Ever". LOL
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

DAMN Rareboy...that is a lot of stuff you got done....

Most of those things would be a day each for me...

I spent the better part of last week and yesterday doing THIS....

https://gayspeak.com/album.php?albumid=1058

Each tree is hard to do as you have to insert the branches individually...and they are all from the 1950s and 60s. It is time consuming....but worth it in the end I suppose....

Yesterday I had a horrifying hangover, got out of the bad at like 4pm and basically did nothing but surfed the internet and got into debates for the rest of the day. Great achievement.

This day was much better...

East Wrote:DAMN Rareboy...that is a lot of stuff you got done....

Most of those things would be a day each for me...

I spent the better part of last week and yesterday doing THIS....

https://gayspeak.com/album.php?albumid=1058

Each tree is hard to do as you have to insert the branches individually...and they are all from the 1950s and 60s. It is time consuming....but worth it in the end I suppose....

[Image: picture.php?albumid=1058&pictureid=6983]

Wow. Beautifully done! You inspires me to move all the boxes of Christmas up from basement storage to have ready in a couple of weeks when we go out and cut our tree.

Actually the weather was so good today that I got a chance to clean up a lot of bits in the garden and yard....I could use the 13C weather for about another month!