Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Promiscuity
Sleepyface Wrote:Why are some gay guys exceedingly promiscuous, and other gay guys are not? I know you could say “well that goes for straight people as well” but with homosexuals, you tend to notice it a lot more. Its almost as if romance died a long damn time ago, and took dignity with it.

Yes in my experience this is true.

bluefox4000 Wrote:You need to change that from gay guys to humans. it's our make up.

Mick

No you need to change it back to gay guys! thats not true

I've got far more tales of being sexually harassed (and menaced, including having to flee several drunk men who ran after me after being lewd) by straight men than the vast majority of straight (or even bi or gay who avoid the club scene) have of being harassed by gay men. And when I do hear a straight man complain of a gay guy harassing them I usually tell them, "Welcome to girl world, I put up with men like that all the time."

Rosie Wrote:[rant]What is all this bs about men being more sexual than women??? It's a total crock, the reason that this myth is perpetuated is because showing your enjoyment of sex is not thought to be ladylike.

Men are more sexual because that's in their nature. Men spread their seed, women raise the children. Not saying that's what it's like or should be like (obviously), but that's how nature designed us, no? I definitely think it's easier to find a willing guy than to find a willing girl. For casual sex, that is. Obviously there are exceptions, but I think generally that's the way it is.

I could be wrong, though. This is just the conclusion I draw from my own experiences and things I hear from other people.

I used to think guys prefer sex but its not true, guys just will talk more openly about it, just like farting, or any other bodily function.

women are far more likely to be shunned and criticized for being promiscuous than men are.
which is wrong. no one should be demonized for having sex (however much they have it) so long as it's safe and consensual.

A few good points here, except that I'm a gay man and far from a whore. The idea of men being more sexually active than women is an interesting point, however, I can't believe in it. Also, my question was aimed at the gay community, had I been asking about the human species, my question would have read differently and included "why are humans (male and female) in general exceedingly promiscuous, and other humans are not?" Which would have been an entirely different topic altogether Smile

Sleepyface Wrote:A few good points here, except that I'm a gay man and far from a whore. The idea of men being more sexually active than women is an interesting point, however, I can't believe in it. Also, my question was aimed at the gay community, had I been asking about the human species, my question would have read differently and included "why are humans (male and female) in general exceedingly promiscuous, and other humans are not?" Which would have been an entirely different topic altogether Smile

Yeah, but if you look at the differences between men and women, that could explain promiscuity issues in the gay community, assuming you are talking about gay men.
Gay men probably are no different than straight men. The difference lies in the fact that in the gay community, it's two men you are dealing with as opposed to a man and a woman.

pellaz Wrote:if your body had the risk of becoming pregnant a girl ahead on the critical thinking would be conservative on the sex.

0_0

whut ?

I don't think it has anything to do with sexual orientation. It's just a guy thing in general. We're horny bastards for the most part. It also varies from person to person based on the individual and nothing more. I'm not promiscuous at all, while my roommate (who happens to be straight) is one of the most disgustingly promiscuous people I've met.