Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Propaganda... how far can it go.
I just found this on youtube. I subscribe to stylenxs' channel because he is very funny and very articulate with his videos. The commercial he rebuttles is a sickening piece of Christian propaganda... I can't even stomach watching the actual thing. Anyway, I applaude Zach and you should too.

Thanks for posting this, XRIMO. I, too, subscribe to the stylenxs channel, but I hadn't seen this video. It's very well thought through and I consider it one of his best. What passion and fluency Yelclap

After the Ball, the book mentioned by the commentator, Janet Parshall (which must surely be a spelling error?) was written in 1989 and laid out a possible public relations strategy for improving the image of gays which would in turn lead to greater fairness. Apparently the book sets out six principles:
  • Talk about gays and gayness as loudly and as often as possible;
  • Portray gays as victims, not as aggressive challengers
  • Give homosexual protectors a just cause;
  • Make gays look good;
  • Make the victimizers look bad;
  • Get funds from corporate America.

Maybe this is just another example of marshlander cynicism, but that looks awfully like a strategy the good ol' god-fearing, "family-friendly" boys and girls of Jesus' army of zealots might also recognise.

I don't suppose anyone else here remember's Arlo Guthrie's song, Alice's Restaurant, but I am reminded of the bit at the end when the hero confronts the recruiting sergeant at the army draft office:
Quote:and I turned over the piece of paper, and there, there on the
other side, in the middle of the other side, away from everything else on
the other side, in parentheses, capital letters, quotated, read the
following words:

("KID, HAVE YOU REHABILITATED YOURSELF?")

I went over to the sargent, said, "Sargeant, you got a lot a damn gall to
ask me if I've rehabilitated myself, I mean, I mean, I mean that just, I'm
sittin' here on the bench, I mean I'm sittin here on the Group W bench
'cause you want to know if I'm moral enough join the army, burn women,
kids, houses and villages after bein' a litterbug." He looked at me and
said, "Kid, we don't like your kind, and we're gonna send your fingerprints
off to Washington."

I expect my copy of Kirk and Madsen's "After the Ball" any day now ... it must be late in the post.

Bravo once more Zach... Boy! that boy, is intelligent.

There is still so much teaching necessary out there.

I appreciate you giving us a piece of your mind..BUT!...if you don't like it then DON'T WATCH IT!!! no1's holding a gun to your head. watch The Simpsons or Family Guy instead...at least that might make you laugh.

Not sure you got Xrimo's point, Stuart... No, of course no one's holding a gun to his head... but I think better is the enemy you know. And in this case knowing what lies are being spread and how many people are spreading them just to get their agenda through might be a good way to enter the battle.

Grrrrrr.:mad:
That is all.
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so