Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Proposing ideas without using ring
I'm planning on proposing to my boyfriend. I think we might end up with wedding bands, but bf does not wear jewelry, so I'm looking for ideas for something other than an engagement ring for the proposal. All I've found online so far are tattoos (no) or using the wedding bands (impractical for a surprise, no?).

Any suggestions?

You could give him a small token, some trinket that he'd always carry with him in a key chain or something.

bracelet
i have a solid silver one that tends not hook onto things as much
chain or ss wire tend to fall apart, need maintenance

simple platinum wedding bad is stable try bluenile.com, i took a peak and the 4mm bad was more than expected $. we broke up for a time inbetween. i wear a white gold bad too with a heart shaped black diamond mysolitaire.com/blackdiamondrings/ and the white gold is not as stable.

The left and right hand fingers will be different ring sizes. bluenile is quite democrat, for off the shelf items they might return for ring size no cost.

piercing ?

i never used jewelry, guess i do now

Would he not even wear a wedding band on a necklace?

I would think of the things that symbolize the relationship and the committment. Something that is a reminder of the relationship that has meaning that he would understand even if no one else would understand

Maybe you could woodburn or carve something with "forever" on it.

Or find a small statue or something of the something that represents you two.

You could play off the "key to my heart thing" and maybe find a key either real or a decorative or maybe take one off a key necklace and just omit the chain and have your names/initials and/or the proposal or "forever" or whatever you wish engraved on it. It might end up super duper cheacp but hey it's a proposal xD

Or you could makes one of those decorative string thingiess and use your favorite colors, the colors would represent the two of you and then as they're woven together it would represent the commitment and the bond? He could possibly hang it in his car or on a bag or just keep decorated all nice on a shelf or something/

Quote:You could play off the "key to my heart thing" and maybe find a key either real or a decorative or maybe take one off a key necklace and just omit the chain and have your names/initials and/or the proposal or "forever" or whatever you wish engraved on it. It might end up super duper cheacp but hey it's a proposal xD

That's gold

Thanks for the ideas. I'll have to keep thinking about it.

I'd think we'd have wedding bands, alright; another for engagement a bit much.