Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Protein Bar side effects??
Yesterday I decided to try a protein bar. I was on the road for work and thought I would be safe eating something new without concerns for it affecting my work. Well, it seems I was wrong. I am not sure if it was the protein bar, but that is the only major change I had that day.

Soon after eating the bar, I started having an intense emotional (not physical) urge for intimacy. More specifically I was yearning to bottom with someone as soon as possible. Now, this is strange for me because I am not a "right now" kind of person. I have no partner, and I am not likely to go for the hook up. I also, as you know, have just recently come out of the closet and it has been 36 years since I have been in that position (pun intended). What surprised me is that it was the strongest urge I have ever had ( and I was a teenager once). It lasted a few hours, and died down just before supper. That made it safe for me to head to the sauna where my crush guy tends to show up (still waiting for him to come out of that darned closet). Of course, while in that heightened state, It was difficult for me to concentrate on my work, because I was focusing on all of the cute guys passing by. I felt like Pac Man after eating an energy pill (out dated reference noted).

Has anyone experienced anything like this as a result of eating an protein bar?? Yes, I know that most of you prefer your protein directly from the source. Wink