Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Protest the Pope
This wave of protest is very good .. but unfortunately it will not bring much. The one who should really think about it is so sure of himself that he would be the opinions of people not even accept it when his company's own angels, would toot it into his ear.
After his self he is infallible and do not make mistakes ... and this is the first error

I agree, fenris, but if we do nothing, nothing changes. Water wears away the stone.

No one is infallible and I have to hope that it becomes increasingly evident.

I'm hoping that someone posts Geoffrey Robertson's and Terry Sanderson's speeches soon ...

fredv3b Wrote:As Head of State HM The Queen must formally receive all visiting Heads if State, however she is also Supreme Governor if the Church of England and to receive the Pontiff as such would cause a great deal of theological difficulties. However when in Scotland, HM is only a member of the Church of Scotland and can much more easily receive the Pontiff.
So it's all very diplomatic... something to do with protocol?

Often off-topic for the day's main theme, but a powerful and passionate speech and making some comparisons and connections between Islam and Christianity.

Maryam Namazie

marshlander Wrote:Thousands and thousands of people attended - more than expected it seems.

YOUTUBE/YOUTUBE

Many speeches, including ...

Sue Cox, abuse victim, starts speaking at 1:10

Richard Dawkins
YOUTUBE/YOUTUBE

Johann Hari

YOUTUBE/YOUTUBE

They are gradually appearing online. I'll post more if I find them.

Hon the second YouTube link is the same as the first one... Where's the one with Sue Cox???

fredv3b Wrote:What's so awful about Regan?

I don't want to hijack the thread too much because I think protesting the Pope is magnificent...so in a nutshell:

I volunteered at one of California's 3 mental institutions...many patients were abandoned there by their families at a young age...Reagan closed the institutions with his "trickle down" philosophy (someone would take care of them)..these frightened people who were incapable of taking care of themselves were put on the streets where many died...I cannot tell you how much I loathe the man...

His legacy is an image and a lie...he raised taxes higher than any other recent President.

I hold him responsible for AIDS and the spread of the disease

Reagonomics are the foundation for all of our current financial problems..t.rickle down economics worked great...for China and Dubai

Deregulation...grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr:mad:

He forged an alliance with the "Moral Majority" and Jerry Falwell giving rise to the right wing religious crap that has infected our society.

He generally despised the poor person and his legacy is and always will be helping the very rich get alot richer.

Now...back to the Pope

WOW, what a brilliant speech by RICHARD DAWKINS... Very very very powerful and rational. I was moved to tears.

marshlander Wrote:I agree, fenris, but if we do nothing, nothing changes. Water wears away the stone.

No one is infallible and I have to hope that it becomes increasingly evident.

This in my opinion, you run a open door ... But this pope is not a pope who would ever change something. And he knows about the protest and the best way to ignore it... he was in the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith ... from - i think 1981 - 2005.

There comes a right pope, one who looks the people first.. and not a - let me say - "2000 year old book" ... But this pope - he is not the right

princealbertofb Wrote:Hon the second YouTube link is the same as the first one... Where's the one with Sue Cox???
Apologies, a failure of cut n paste on my part. Wink