Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pseudoscience, false and misleading claims
Tabacco advertising in the bad old days

The situation has improved today with tighter regulation of advertising and marketing in much of the developed world, even if tobacco companies have redirected their thoroughly unpleasant energies towards more sneaky marketing practices and less well regulated emerging markets in the developing world.

Some of this is almost ubelievable:

http://transform-drugs.blogspot.com.es/2...-from.html
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

Pseudo science has always been the work of ignorant folks thinking they know shit, playing on the mind of gullible morons who'll believe anything because they either lack the knowledge to realize otherwise or they don't bother the check their sources.

I've seem some pseudo-science posted on this site, although that follows a trend within a particular age group or so I've observed within my short time here, giving and taking a few exceptions. Overall, that is expectable.

Then we have the problem of large companies and the power of advertising. Again, most people will believe anything without checking. Some companies are relentless in this area, as shown in the bit of article.

The important part, the most critical part, is getting to the source of the information and assessing how reliable it is. Often the dubious information can be tracked to a dubious source.
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]