Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Psychology
It i quite a fascinating subject dont you think?
Atm i am learning about physiological psychology and it's really fun to study. Any way the reason i started this thread was to ask whether or not someone in authority told u to do something u dnt belive in or u thought was wrong would u do it, not knowing what the consequences might be if u didnt do it? Because the big question is why do we obey people?

my favoriot subject is music, but i guess psychology is interesting...

Mystery Man Wrote:It i quite a fascinating subject dont you think?
Atm i am learning about physiological psychology and it's really fun to study. Any way the reason i started this thread was to ask whether or not someone in authority told u to do something u dnt belive in or u thought was wrong would u do it, not knowing what the consequences might be if u didnt do it? Because the big question is why do we obey people?

You'll get a lot of different answers because a lot of people consider right and wrong to be subjective (depends on the person). There are some things which are considered universally right or wrong, but there is a lot of stuff that people find falls in the middle. Some people think that if the action does more good than harm, it's right; other people think that as long as you act 'morally' in everything you do, you will always be 'right' (Immanuel Kant).

The question still remains, what is 'more' right to one person may not be 'more' right to another, and what is 'moral' to one person may not be 'moral' to another.

That's just a nutshell in my opinion, there's a lot more that can be said about the subject. I took both Psychology and Philosophy my first semester of college, so I had to deal with a lot of those types of questions.

oh kool lol

Psychology is ultra interesting. I took it in college. I wanted to major in it, but I was told that I shouldn't and it wasn't recommended. I got a pretty good grade in Psychology 101. Then I barely passed the other ones that followed.