Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Put an end to the Olympics?
Like other sporting events, the Olympics is nothing but a money machine. Maybe it's time we ended this drugs and money circus farce.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/s...nl_rainbow
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

instead of getting rid of it, how about we fix it.

Radbot42 Wrote:instead of getting rid of it, how about we fix it.

How when even the Olympic committe is corrupt? It seems that all sports are riddled with drugs these days and all the science in the world seems incapable of keeping up with the different types of drugs constantly being evolved.

One thing that shoud happen if they are to continue with the Games is to return to the original concept: just one winner, no second or third places.

Radbot42 Wrote:instead of getting rid of it, how about we fix it.

I agree. The Olympics is more than just a sports event it's a global festival of peace and unity. Allowing a few greedy parasites to bring it to an end is simply unacceptable.

Hmm I think what we need to do is shut down the organisation and build a new open transparent and modernised Olympic organisation. We can, after all the olympics are not self funding.

Alter the logo abit and call it a re-launch.

Maybe treat the panel that chooses the host nation like a criminal jury, isolate them until the decision is made.

TigerLover Wrote:I agree. The Olympics is more than just a sports event it's a global festival of peace and unity. Allowing a few greedy parasites to bring it to an end is simply unacceptable.

Hmm I think what we need to do is shut down the organisation and build a new open transparent and modernised Olympic organisation. We can, after all the olympics are not self funding.

Alter the logo abit and call it a re-launch.

Maybe treat the panel that chooses the host nation like a criminal jury, isolate them until the decision is made.

Thanks for your contribution TigerLover. I was hoping that this thread would attract more opinions as so many people are sports lovers.

I think most sports have experienced drugs and corruption.

Why single out the Olympics? I enjoy watching them when they're on, and will continue to do so.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

CellarDweller Wrote:Why single out the Olympics?

Because they are so institutionalised and as they are today they contravene all the spirit of the originals. I enjoy watching some also CellarDweller, especially the gymnastics and diving (for obvious reasons :biggrinSmile.

it can be fixed if government law agency's get involved and actually prosecute people - this is what is happening right now with FIFA (one of the most corrupt monopolies on the planet ) this is down to the American FBI involvement , thx to them we now have corrupt officials falling over themselves to reveal all names linked in the branches of this corrupt organisation to avoid a prison sentence..
This can work against the IOC too if governments imprison the fat cats (but they never will)

Overhauling the entire system is the way to go.

That takes will and a legal frame in which to act. Who will have the will? I don't know. Maybe all the folks that compete, that suffer the pressure to succeed, the ones who's entire life depends on getting sponsored, leading to all sorts of "uncompetitive" behavior, perpetuated and encouraged by a corrupt leading elite.

How does an international event get a legal frame in which to be regulated? Perhaps the UN can pitch in.

Get a HPLC/GC-MS and hire a chemical analist and get blood samples on every single son of a gun who's about to compete, sampled them every week for a month before they compete. Any unusual peak detected, and they're out.

On the law enforcement scenario start treating the even as it if was a potential drug mricrotrafficking network.

Go!
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]