Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Put tape over your webcam
I suppose they would only see the awkward faces I make...

But yeah webcams can totally be hacked and the pilot light doesn't have to turn on...

That being said Microsoft, Apple, Amazon and so on use your microphone and "other" input device to create a profile of you to better deliver ad content to you... So their spying puts money in their pockets...
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

meridannight Wrote:What is that?

That's Princealberto typing.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

If they want to see me, they're welcome to watch. I think the most interesting thing they will see are the probably weird faces I make while jacking off.
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

I've always found that rather paranoid, but here I am with a tape on my webcam.

meridannight Wrote:What is that?

The sound of keys being tapped on as we type...?

Jason111 Wrote:I've always found that rather paranoid, but here I am with a tape on my webcam.

A lot of people put tape on their webcam...totally legitamate... What's also scary are microphones, most webcams also have microphones, you can put tape on those but they still listen... I think the only way you might be able to get around that would be to disable the device in Device Manager (Windows)...sorry Mac folks...
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

So the best strategy would be to get a webcam that has no microphone and use a separate mic that you can unplug.

I hate to be the victim of paranoia, but if this is true the solutions seem very simple.

As for the powers that be using info for marketing, I think they may be cutting of their noses to spite their faces. If I purchase an item online I despise loads of ads for it coming up afterwards. I am currently needing a roofer. How many times do they think I will need another one? I have made the decision and yet the ads appear !
I bid NO Trump!

Well in my case I have a seperate webcam, can just unplug them...Laptops on the other hand you have to disable the device to the operating system...however a good hacker...like a Elliott Alderson (TV Show Mr. Robot) could possibly get around that. Pretty much when you're hacking into a system you can tap into exploits in the API, but if the device isn't there or is disabled, either you have to know how to enable the device and so on... Basically someone really smart really wants to snoop on you...

If someone really wants to snoop on you they can actually use laser beams, the lasers can detect vibrations and can hear conversations on the inside of a building.... Soooo that means if you're having a secret conversation play loud heavy metal music...

Bottom line is there's an exploit to everything, sometimes it is your webcam, a spoofed email, or in some cases you're the exploit...that is also the most effective way...
Check out my stuff!

Or put a program in place that required an password to activate the camera and always have a file labeled "passwords and bank info" which is actually a virus which wipes all info off of hackers putor
[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRz-Six7p24KDjrx1F_V...A&usqp=CAU]

LJay Wrote:So the best strategy would be to get a webcam that has no microphone and use a separate mic that you can unplug.

I hate to be the victim of paranoia, but if this is true the solutions seem very simple.

As for the powers that be using info for marketing, I think they may be cutting of their noses to spite their faces. If I purchase an item online I despise loads of ads for it coming up afterwards. I am currently needing a roofer. How many times do they think I will need another one? I have made the decision and yet the ads appear !

Ljay: Install uBlock:

https://www.ublock.org/

It's for free and will solve your problems.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams