Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Put tape over your webcam
The article doesn't say why but it's because your webcam could be switched on remotely:

http://mashable.com/2016/09/15/fbi-direc...yERIvKKiqf
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

I've been doing this since my very first laptop

Me, too. I was surprised when all the computers had webcams built into them. I did not want one, and first thing I did was tape over it as I knew it could be remotely hacked, and some people have nothing better to do.

Still, not as dumb as putting one's car and home security in control by their iphone as some people have done (and it's easily hacked by those who know how, even if they don't get have their phone).

Also, smart TVs:

http://www.cnn.com/2015/02/11/opinion/sc...listening/

Yeah, I've been doing this with all my laptops since the first one as well. It's not just that it can be 'hacked', different websites actually try to activate your camera and microphone on a daily basis (you should get the internal microphone of the laptop disabled while you're at it as well).

I don't get it why it's in there in the first place. If you want to input a video separate webcams exist for that purpose to plug into the computer.
''Do I look civilized to you?''

This advice was also given in a news segment yesterday on BBC Radio Four. I have covered my cam up too. You never know.

meridannight Wrote:Yeah, I've been doing this with all my laptops since the first one as well. It's not just that it can be 'hacked', different websites actually try to activate your camera and microphone on a daily basis (you should get the internal microphone of the laptop disabled while you're at it as well).

I don't get it why it's in there in the first place. If you want to input a video separate webcams exist for that purpose to plug into the computer.
Haha, about the microphone, they'd hear a lot of radio programmes and a lot of tap tap tapping.

And [MENTION=18457]LONDONER[/MENTION], thanks for the tip / reminder.

You mean complete strangers have been watching me jack off in front of my laptop?? That's hot.

Darius Wrote:You mean complete strangers have been watching me jack off in front of my laptop?? That's hot.

unfortunately they dont see anything unless your turn the screen lower... so unless they are interested in seeing your hairstyle, they are out of luck...

princealbertofb Wrote:and a lot of tap tap tapping.

What is that?
''Do I look civilized to you?''