Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QSAs
AKA queer straight alliances. Do any people here go to them? Do they work well? What do you do there?

I'm asking these questions cos the queer youth group that I use to go to sadly disbanded and I'd like to get it going again as there's nothing for queer youth here any more.

We use to met twice a month. Once for coffee and once for what we called 'structured group' and would talk about various issues

I know about one that meets at the centre for gay youth on K'road (which, to all your non aucklanders (i.e: ridiculous barbarians) is the red light district xD) and I heard they do what you described, talk about issues. Then apparently they go out to the city at the night and like have fun in the city or whatever.

Lol i'v been there before lil. The guys n gulls there are super cool!
I went there to go to a queer youth hui. I might pressure you to come to one some time... Then you can prove your cuisine to me!

Oh I saw them advertise that. HAve you ever been to the Big Gay Out at Pt Chevalier?

Lilitu Wrote:Oh I saw them advertise that. HAve you ever been to the Big Gay Out at Pt Chevalier?

No I haven't but I'm considering going next year.
Or I'll go to out in the square in wellington. Wellington sounds like my kinda town tbh.

My school has a GSA (gay- straight alliance) but I'm not tempted to join. I might perform for their acoustic nights, but that's it, really.

ChrisD Wrote:My school has a GSA (gay- straight alliance) but I'm not tempted to join. I might perform for their acoustic nights, but that's it, really.

Why are you not tempted to join?

Gosh I'm poos at writing emails...
But I might end up running a GLBTQ youth group.
EXCITED!!!

Ive been in one ever since I was born.
Its called "life in the USA".

Joshular Wrote:Why are you not tempted to join?

Ehh it seems like they don't really do much that I consider fun or productive. Like I said, they have Acoustic nights (music and poetry) every once in a while, so I might go to one of those but other than that it don't look too great. Besides, I don't really have time to join another group.....