Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Qsa
Genersis Wrote:Call me Mr Negative, but I can't see such a system being effective.

Pessimist as I am, I think that you are being too negative.

Genersis Wrote:I feel people will be deterd due to the fact that it will make them a target if other classmate found out they went to these gatherings.
So it seems these QSAs would only be usefull to those who are out and do not care what other think, then again, if they didnt care, then why would they come to these gatherings.:confused:

You are right that fear of being a target may be a deterrent. However surely the point is that it is also for straight kids, and, hopefully quite a few kids attend so they are not the only ones. Also part of it is that the kids who are like I was at that age may be able to get a bit of strength and support from the Joshes of this world. (Josh you really are a hero).

As for your second point. I fully agree its likely to be a poor place to find a proper well matched boyfriend, but perhaps some sympathy about the difficulty of finding a boyfriend at that age is enough.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

I agree, the strength of these gatherings would appear to be in an alliance of straight and glbt students.

As a matter of interest, Josh, are you getting much support from any members of staff? Presumably even a small high school would have a staff of at least fifty. Statistically at least a couple of them would have a personal reason to support what you are doing.

I like what Fred and Marsh said!

So I'm here on study period where every one dose nothing and I'm wondering how I could re-write the notice so that is it makes the school sound safe?

Can you print here what the note says exactly?

I'll need to get the not from the office.

well 2mz I go and put in the new notice but am still not sure what I'm putting in. But we should get it good and will Win!!!

And if it doesn't go in I will gay up the school with posters!!!