Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Qsa
Quote:Josh, Great Job!

Don't feel guilty about getting something out of it. Virtually everybody who helps others but doesn't enjoy it (or get something else out of it) stops doing it.

I love it. I don't fell guilty. I love it soooo much. I think that I couldn't live as a heterosexual it'd be so boring. There wouldn't be anything to fight for.

joshyboi Wrote:I think that I couldn't live as a heterosexual it'd be so boring. There wouldn't be anything to fight for.

First being straight doesn't stop you from fighting for gay rights. Second, maybe not in your wonderful islands, but there is plenty left to fight for world wide.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

Quote:First being straight doesn't stop you from fighting for gay rights. Second, maybe not in your wonderful islands, but there is plenty left to fight for world wide.

True but its more fun being queer.

joshyboi Wrote:True but its more fun being queer.

I've certainly been happier and had more fun since I came out. Confusedmile:

Quote:'ve certainly been happier and had more fun since I came out.

Me too. But some people at school think I say I'm gay just so I can get close to the girls (the head girl... Shes a bitch).

Funny, I'd have thought the point of being gay was to get closer to boys Wink

joshyboi Wrote:Me too. But some people at school think I say I'm gay just so I can get close to the girls (the head girl... Shes a bitch).

Hmmm... I don't think they've thought that through properly. What would you do with the girls if you did get close to them?

Although, it does remind me of an incident that shows that some people really do get the wrong end of the stick. I was in the Polo Lounge in Glasgow a couple of months back with a friend who was visiting. When he was at the bar getting the drinks he got chatted up by the girl standing next to him. She was most surprised to find out he was gay and therefore wasn't interested. I mean really... Who'd expect a gay man to visit a gay nightclub!?

Quote:Hmmm... I don't think they've thought that through properly. What would you do with the girls if you did get close to them?

Although, it does remind me of an incident that shows that some people really do get the wrong end of the stick. I was in the Polo Lounge in Glasgow a couple of months back with a friend who was visiting. When he was at the bar getting the drinks he got chatted up by the girl standing next to him. She was most surprised to find out he was gay and therefore wasn't interested. I mean really... Who'd expect a gay man to visit a gay nightclub!?

Its fun confusing people!!!
I told someone who I thought knew I was gay last night he was surprised lol. Hes bi so hes all good with it. I also got a guy to come out which I thought was a win! Hes cool.

Quote:So Joshyboi how would you like to tell us what subjects are going to be covered at your next QSA meetings. I've seen you are online so I guess that you are reading this. You can answer in your thread of course. Hope you are ok, JS.

PA

Well I don't actually know lol got any opinions?

Well since it's a QUEER STRAIGHT ALLIANCE club you need to have some topics for discussion. What about talking over the problems for starters and ways of addressing them in the school context.
Isn't the idea basically that gays should be treated much the same as straight students? What makes the school studying experience different for you and not quite right, in your mind?