Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Qsa
Hmm you are a smart one. Its a good topic. I need to try and reach out to more to the students and get more and more people going to the qsa.

Here's something else you might want to think about following TVOne's Paul Henry's comments about being gay is "unnatural" and his clearance by the NZ Broadcasting Standards Authority.

So ... what is homophobic hate?

GayNZ.com Paul Henry's "gays unnatural" remark OK by BSA

I think you're a real hero for doing all this. Does your school have a policy for bullying? Do most schools in your area? That might be interesting to discuss.

I think that is an excellent topic for discussion. What are / should be the limits on free speech with regard to anti-gay statements? Is orthodox Roman Catholic Doctrine homophobic hate speech?

If your school has a debating society, you could even have a joint meeting. Wink
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

New Zealand always sounded such a lovely country till I saw this Scared

http://www.tki.org.nz/r/governance/posit...he-law.pdf

Just had a flick through that pdf. Other than proving that NZ is not an earthly paradise and that it is populated by human beings with all their failings, what else does it show? Or did I miss something?
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

I doubt it. Wink

I agree with Fred, plus New Zealand is one of the old colonies, so why should we expect them to have had different laws from the rest of the colonies where sometimes being gay had not been so stigmatised as when the British came in importing their laws.
Second comment: there are fools everywhere.

Hey thanks guy for your stuff just reading up now. We went to the office and asked the office lady is she could put the notice in full. She said she would run it by the principle of the school because she said it was "implying that the school wasn't safe." In the notice we wrote that the QSA was a safe place for the queer students of our school to come and be them selfs.

Quote:I think you're a real hero for doing all this. Does your school have a policy for bullying? Do most schools in your area? That might be interesting to discuss.

Your all my heroes! Thanks for th info and stuff =].

I'll tell you guys tomorrow if the notice is put in full.