Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question
I have never dated a person before. I don't even know how love is like. Is it because I haven't found that special one or is it because I am very bad at finding love?
I am single and completely comfortable about it. It's just that sometimes I might need someone who I can send a text or something. That's why I'm texting this guy. He's 4 years younger than me. I am 23. I have never texted or talked to a man younger than me. I just feel really weird. Sometimes I don't want to text him. Sometimes I think I need to. What's wrong with me?

19 isn't too young. And 4 years is nothing - really nothing.

Which is to say that there is nothing wrong with you.

As for love, it happens on its time. There is no huge rush to get in love. Let nature take is course.

We all need someone to talk to at times, count your blessings you have this fella to talk to. Enjoy it.

there is nothing wrong and i agree with bowyn arrow... Go for it enjoy it and dont let things hold u back by the sounds of it your suffering low esteem levels so pick urself up and enjoy what life brings ur way xx

when it come your time to date and maybe fall in love you will know it. It always has a way of making itself known.

Having someone to text is a good thing, it really does not matter that he is 4 years younger. Almost everyone has friends who are both older and younger than themselves.

You are just getting to know someone. And its weird that its just texting, but I guess thats the price you pay in a technological world.

Id actually get together with him on the weekends, if you can. Go to a movie, go to museums or exhibits.
Whatever is around thats cheap or free to do....so you can hang around each other and get to be friends.

Its hard getting to know someone over a phone or thru email.

He told me that his family is very religious and they don't know about him. We've never talked to each other. When I ask him if we should talk, he always say no. Lol. We live very far from each other. The only way for us to communicate is by texting. I don't want to sound desperate. I've never been on a date before. I embrace myself.

nothing wrong with a good conversation. in some ways maybe being a distance from each other might actually make it easier.

I agree with above replies, enjoy the conversation. ya'll are very young, always good to make a new friend.

it may be many years before his family allows him to be who he is or before he decides that who he is is not really up to them...

in the meantime maybe he could use a friend.

I think love comes in time. True love that is. Love at first site is really infatuation or lust. Just be friends for now. It sounds like you both need someone to rely on. If there is something between the two of you it will just happen.