Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question
Ekwarph Wrote:When I read your messages, I hear a slight latino accent. I can't imagine it in other ways. Very strange. :o

Oh it's there, trust me, but it would seem it's less marked here than in other parts of Latin America.

I've been thinking about it for sometime, cause for us Cubans, Colombians or Argentines are UBER recognizable cause of their accent. I often wonder what do we sound to them...as far as I now we sort of "sing" the end of phrases...meh

But, nevermind that, naming places will be my give away..

Mexico.

I will most likely never pronouce Méksicow but rather Méhico

southbiochem Wrote:Oh it's there, trust me, but it would seem it's less marked here than in other parts of Latin America.

I've been thinking about it for sometime, cause for us Cubans, Colombians or Argentines are UBER recognizable cause of their accent. I often wonder what do we sound to them...as far as I now we sort of "sing" the end of phrases...meh

But, nevermind that, naming places will be my give away..

Mexico.

I will most likely never pronouce Méksicow but rather Méhico

There had guys from Argentina in my school...couldn't understand a single word of what they say when they speak spanish!!

I admire your effort to make a silly, but I'm fairly certain the saying is "heavy sleeper"...

Ekwarph Wrote:There had guys from Argentina in my school...couldn't understand a single word of what they say when they speak spanish!!

Trust me, I have troubles understanding Argentines myself.

As for us people say we talk too fast and don't modulate when we speak. I know it to be true.

You need to meet some Colombians, they speak the most perfectly modulated Spanish ever.

They have an accent but you can understand what they say very well.