Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about Autocorrect
I'm sure everyone has seen the lewd and downright erotic "autocorrects" sent by phone (if not look up "damn you, autocorrect"). I don't use autocorrect (I have a cell phone very much behind the tech curve for emergencies, that's it). Question:

Does the fact (assuming these screenshots aren't entirely made up for entertainment purposes) that it automatically changes words to very erotic ones mean that it has "learned" to do so by frequent use (perhaps even "add to dictionary")? I know an office program I use does that (not erotic, but tries to "guess my word" for me based on how often I use it which is annoying more often than helpful).

I'm curious because if so then that means A LOT of people are "sexting" frequently (women, too, including married couples with teens though not necessarily to each other), something I hadn't thought of.

Anyway, I figure if anyone knew it would be people here who at least know someone who uses Grindr and the like frequently. Wink

Mine only auto corrects to exotic ones very rarely in fact if I am trying to write a curse word it will change it to something else. I think it also depends on the phone. I have Swiftkey on my phone so It learns the words that I say most often. So if I had an auto correct that was exotic then it would be so because of I used the word a lot.

I've always thought that damn you autocorrect was series of fakes.

I have to say it sounds pretty un-legit. I've never seen or heard about anyone having their normal words auto-corrected to dirty ones; but I've heard a tonne about people having their expletives censored, and things like that. Auto-corrects tend to have a very prudish dictionary... so the idea of it changing words to dirty ones just doesn't seem right Laugh

I hate the fact that when I am talking to friends or whatever, it always tries to correct the Vernacular like it's wrong lol.

So I turn it off when I am not browsing the Internet, simply because I am tired of having to go back and "recorrect" the corrections with my original words/message.

Chicken

kidchameleon Wrote:I have to say it sounds pretty un-legit. I've never seen or heard about anyone having their normal words auto-corrected to dirty ones; but I've heard a tonne about people having their expletives censored, and things like that. Auto-corrects tend to have a very prudish dictionary... so the idea of it changing words to dirty ones just doesn't seem right Laugh

That's how I'd think it would work, and no one I know has admitted to it happening to them, but then they wouldn't use dirty words anyway (at least not so I'd know).

Yet I saw some that seemed believable and then thought how it could be true (and before asking I also did some checking and read articles like this). So put more clearly...can your autocorrect LEARN dirty words and THEN begin to automatically "correct" your words to the dirty ones you use at other times?