Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about my son?
cisco Wrote:Know one knows how it works, born gay or turn gay, one of those never ending debates, Don't want to go down that road, Do what you gotta do to be happy.

That's because no one bothers to stop and ask a gay or lesbian and prefers to rely on scientific theory for answers.

We are born with our sexuailty. How you handle your sexuality is the only choice.

Whether the rainbow bolt means LSD firing out of the cloud (his brain) or whether it symbolizes the thought of homosexuality from the fog of uncertainty doesn't matter.

Common this thread has to be a joke right. Either way, I find the thought of a rainbow lightning bolt hat ghastly. Probably straight with that kind of fashion sense.

I'll reiterate what was said about supporting him 101%, because my parents have decided to ignore the fact that I'm gay and it's not a good recipe for a happy family. However, I wouldn't sit down and talk with him about this directly; if you really want to talk with him, start talking about anything else and gently bring it round to homosexuality. He mustn't know that you think he might be gay; I'm assuming he's very young and at that age he could go off the rails because children crave affirmation from parents. I'm not saying that you're as hostile as my parents are towards homosexuality, but just my parents saying the word 'gay' in passing sends shivers down my spine. If he is gay, he'll tell you when he's ready. For me, I had to summon the courage to tell my parents and it was a step into the unknown. What your child needs to know is that if he has to 'come out' at some point, you'll not disown him; I would have loved to have that knowledge! Sorry for sermonising, I just want people to learn from what went wrong with my parents and I. Please don't think that I'm implying you're a bad parent; that could not be further from the truth. All the best for you & your son!

I knew that my youngest was gay for years before he told me.
The reason I never mentioned it to him , is because I felt that I would be intruding on his privacy.

Leave it be, snooping always leads to disaster and a broken relationship.
All you can do is be there for him and support him in all he does.

Let it go.

Rainbowmum Wrote:I knew that my youngest was gay for years before he told me.
The reason I never mentioned it to him , is because I felt that I would be intruding on his privacy.

Leave it be, snooping always leads to disaster and a broken relationship.
All you can do is be there for him and support him in all he does.

Let it go.

And THAT, right there, is the voice of experience talking.

End of thread.

Smile

all right already
the OP self deleted and took his rainbow lighting bolts home like a good dad