Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about spirituality
QueenOdi Wrote:Gee... I always thought there was a distinct difference between spirituality and religion

I always liked this short & sweet clip from Bridge to Terabithia that I think illustrates the difference between dogmatic religion and spirituality where one experiences God/dess and/or seeks answers rather than simply looking to an authority figure to hand them the answers (one can be religious AND spiritual but typically the dogmatic religions and spirituality tend to dull each other as they just don't mix, IMO):

East Wrote:not being a tree hugging lunatic,

The people who beleive in saving trees so passionately are hardly lunatics. I would venture to say they are more connected to nature than any of the rest of us who claim to be. Taking action is nothing to be ashamed about.

Oh I didn't meant it that way, I was exaggerating :confused: .

I love tree huggers, infact, I am one alittle bit, but more of a animal hugger really Biggrinflip .

I like the fact that they do what they do. I didn't mean they were lunatics in the truest sense of the word, but rather a euphimism is regards to their love of the environment and societies negative view of them.

I myself try actively to save the environment as well, so I definitely mean no harm Loveya .

A lot of people find it strange that I am a gay guy who prays to God every day. My first memory of life is my mom telling me we were pagans who believed in God. What is our theology. I said "God is......" She touched my lips and told me to say no more. My theology is simple because I assert the existence of God. I also believe God created the universe. He created my galaxy. He created my solar system. He created my planet. He did these things as an act of love. He created life. He created animals. He created my ancestors. He created my family. He created me. He did these things as an act of love. He created me to love a guy named Tom. Tom loved me. We both loved and believed in God. Our love was a gift from God and I thank God every day for loving Tom and my family. Some people don't agree that gay guys can love God. I disagree. I have loved God ever since I heard of Him as a child.. I believe in judgment and an afterlife. I expect to be judged for my love of Tom along with every thing else I did. I have connitted sins I am ashamed of and I hope I have confessed and asked God to forgive me. I have never asked God to forgive me for loving Tom. Tom was a GIFT from God to me. I thank God every day for loving Tom. The only church I attend is living on this planet. A lot of religions breed doubt and hate and my God never asked me to doubt or hate. Sorry, I don't like organized religions. Some may be very nice but I don't need a religion to tell me what to believe. My mom told me everything I care about. GOD IS.

Who can say what is normal and what is not in any given situation.what ever it is it's normal for you.I too spent much of my younger years in church. So I feel that pain. And went through all the same mind trips everybody,goes through. Feeling the guilt, the rejection the frustration. I might not be totally good with things, but at least I think I am headed in the right direction. And by the way there are several churches that are what they call gay friendly. You'll make it.