Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question for all or what do you think
This type of scammer often uses Dating Sites where they will chat with you for a couple months until they feel you have reached an emotional connection with them. Then!!!,,, once they think you are really interested in them,,, they ask you for money or some other form of monetary value.

They usually run these scams on several people at the same time. There's always one unlucky individual who will fall for the scam.

My reply to his request for a new cell phone would be: Send me the money and I'll send you the phone. Then let him try to explain why he can't send you the money, it would be fun playing his game against him.

I guess everyone answered this.... I just want to say 'I'm sorry' and empathize with you a bit and hope to make you feel better.
Bighug

Thanks guy I truly cherish your advice or conformation of what I was already thinking. I guess dating sites are nothing but scams.

It's not that 'dating sites are nothing but scams', but that a dating site provides a huge opportunity for people like that to stage their scams. You don't owe anyone a phone that early in a relationship, in fact, you don't owe anyone a phone ever, can't believe that he was upset with you for having the nerve to not buy him one on demand.

Definitely solid red flags.

My friend, dating sites are not a scam. You will find scammers every where. From your bar, to the groceries store. You just have to be on the look out. They are just more prevalent online since it's much easier to find victims that way.

you should have played along and ask him to which address he would like you to send it to.