Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question for geeks
OK. Many thanks. What nice people there are on GS!

Alrighty, it looks like once you download the addon, you have to restart firefox. After reopening, there is a button on the far right of the address bar (near the google search). Basically, click your youtube video, and then click that button (the drop down arrow) and choose what filetype you want to save it as. I would save it as the first option, which is mp4. Let me know if that helps at all. That seemed to work for me.

Krupt Wrote:it actually works when you are on the page with the video you want to download. Under the video in mini mode there is a subscribe button, then under that subscribe button there should be a 'download' button...you click that and it gives you option on how you want to download.

Easy Youtube Video Downloader 6.8 is the extension that I use

That too. There are many youtube video downloader apps. Depends on which one you get.

Tyrion Wrote:Alrighty, it looks like once you download the addon, you have to restart firefox. After reopening, there is a button on the far right of the address bar (near the google search). Basically, click your youtube video, and then click that button (the drop down arrow) and choose what filetype you want to save it as. I would save it as the first option, which is mp4. Let me know if that helps at all. That seemed to work for me.

Thanks Tyrion. I will take a look and see what happens. In the meantime, someone on another forum has suggested http://www.keepvid.com that is apparently very easy and fast. Do you know it?

I am so diffident about downloading things on to my computer because something usually goes wrong and it ends up costing my money because I have to call in my IT expert to put things right!

keepvid I've never tried, but it's worth a try. Let us know if it works, or if you need any other help.. and feel free to message me. I'm a computer nerd and can help you through it, if you need further help! Same w/ Krupt I'm sure.

OK, I stuck with Real Player but as I said, I can only burn on to a video CD. It will pay on any of my DVD players/recorders but In cannot transfer it from the video CD to the hard disc. What I had to do was to play it on one player and with the aid of the appropriate cable, record it on to another. Complicated and time consuming but I can do it.

In the end I succeeded in doing exactly what I wanted to do, buring directly from YouTube on to a DVD. I did this with the aid of a programme called freestudio.com. By far the easiest programme for me, a non-geek, to use.

I wasted a few DVDs and CDs trying with RealPlayer etc. but freestudio was quick and uncomplicated and most importantly, it did the job.

Eugene2013 Wrote:Regarding your issue with RealPlayer (hopefully you're using the latest one or RealPlayer SP Gold), have you not converted the downloaded vids into a format such as .wmv? I use Windows DvD Maker to make DvDs with the files I have, all you need is the proper blank DvDs. I had a brand I use, just can't think of it's name. I'll get back to you on that.

Sorry Eugene, I just have the normal Real Player, not Gold and I have no idea what .wmv is. I said I was a non-geek. I use Taiyo Yuden blank DVD, they are considered the best.

DAYUM!!!

All this geek talk is getting me hot!!!!

[Image: Super%20Geek_cropped.png]