Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question for the Gamers
Cuddly Wrote:You can't use OL as an acronym for OnLine, as it's the same for OffLine

I meant to ask, what do you use then?

I've seen OL used as both On and Offline, but where I picked up using it was seeing it used as OL/Online vs. IRL/In Real Life. 'Course it seems to always be evolving and even changing.

Nevertheless, I do try to avoid confusion (one reason I avoid using a lot of slang when online), so if you know of another way to say it I'll probably get into the habit of using it.

Pix, you might to check out Urban Dictionary for jargon and lingo ideas. Also, if you have questions regarding programming, or the technical side, I'd be happy to help you. PM me.

Pix Wrote:I meant to ask, what do you use then?

I've seen OL used as both On and Offline, but where I picked up using it was seeing it used as OL/Online vs. IRL/In Real Life. 'Course it seems to always be evolving and even changing.

Nevertheless, I do try to avoid confusion (one reason I avoid using a lot of slang when online), so if you know of another way to say it I'll probably get into the habit of using it.

IRL is, in my experience, used opposed ingame. It may just be me (quite likely), but I wouldn't shorten online or offline and would be frustrated and confused if anybody shortened either to OL. I'd be all wtf?stfunoob
Dogrun