Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questioning my sexuality...?
I wrote up this whole lengthy post trying to explain everything as eloquently as I could, and then the computer ate it. But the long or the short of it is... I think I might be bi.

Recently I recognized that while it's men who have predominantly caught my eye, sometimes I'll see a woman and feel varying degrees of attraction. At first I shrugged it off as, "I'm just appreciating the innate beauty of my gender." Even when I fantasized or had sex dreams about women, I brushed it to the side because I had genuinely experienced attraction to men. Rolleyes ...Then I met her. (Yes, you may smirk, you probably can see where this is going). She's incredible in every way I can see, and I almost immediately felt a stronger attraction to her than I have for any man I've ever pursued or been pursued by. I was startled to realize she's the type of person I'd love to date, and that I would be immensely happy in a relationship with someone like herself.

Processing my attraction to her has forced me on an express train going away from the whole white picket heterosexual fenced in world. I found myself driving home alone in my car the other day thinking about her, and I said almost without thinking, "So... You know... I don't think I'm straight. I really, really like her." And it was like this weight lifted off my shoulders, and I felt an excitement and happiness that I hadn't in a long time. At the same time, I'm finding this immensely confusing. While I've always been a huge advocate of LGBTQ rights, supporting the community is far different than joining it. It feels strange and alien and a bit scary. And it's complicated as hell and I'm trying to figure it all out.

Our sexuality is fluid, it can change. On top of that there are a multitude of reasons we may consciously or subconsciously suppress all or part of out natural sexuality. (I won't get into the debate over abuse playing a factor for some.)

You could be anywhere on the scale and, that's normal. Just be honest with yourself and see where you are. Mostly straight and a bi for a few or just one is fine, entirely bi, gay, whatever works and feels right to you is right.

Hello and welcome.
Congratulation on lifting that weight of you shoulders , and accepting who you are.
Most animals are bi, it's not unnatural , it's the opposite ,it's 100% natural,and we after all are animals.

Naturally it is a tad intimidating , all new things are, but at least you are not fighting it anymore, and that is half the battle won.

Blue Wrote:You could be anywhere on the scale and, that's normal. Just be honest with yourself and see where you are. Mostly straight and a bi for a few or just one is fine, entirely bi, gay, whatever works and feels right to you is right.

Yep - just do what you feel like doing!

Do yourself a favour and don't try and figure it out. It's just one of those things that drive us mad.

Just go with the flow.......does it matter if you are bi or gay......relax and take things one step at a time.
Take it easy and enjoy......
Good luck with it all....... Confusedmile: It will work out for you......

gay/straight/bi sex dosnt define you beyond the 6 seconds. its about what you can do in a successful relationship.