Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Circumcision
TuxSky Wrote:... right now I'm confused as to whether or not it's better to have it or not ...
You might want to have a look at the link I posted earlier in this thread.

I think this has all been made into way too much of a big deal...

I'm circumcised and honestly couldn't care less ^_^ until you hear about threads and discussions like this. I like cut guys, uncut guys, big, small, chubby, thin... if you have THAT much of a preference it becomes a little bit prissy, and normally it's an issue people don't have control over.

I was cut for medical reasons when I was young. In my adult life I have only ever had one person consider this to be literally wrong, and he didn't exactly have a strong grip on reality. It becomes one of those issues that people obsess over, this tiny flap of skin...

the one that made me laugh was 'replacement foreskin' kinda like a thick condom that you can wear for most of the day, which claims to restore sensitivity back to the glans and head by keeping them covered. So without it I am unable to make love, ejaculate, masterbate or attract anyone with my body? I very much doubt it. Just another goddamn insecurity product to peddle onto guys who should know better. I've never been mocked for it, bullied, or stared at. I've seen uncut guys that look awful for having too much foreskin, it can smell bad (but usually doesn't, calm down guys) , and have problems with retraction. I don't wanna sign up for that.

Should it be done as a standard medical procedure? hell no... but I'm really tired of people talking about it as if they've had a testicle removed, and causing so much drama. Cut cocks and uncut cocks are both nice. Deal with it.

Maybe you've not been on the receiving end of abuse about it. I did in my young, free and single days. It got so bad, I found myself apologizing about it before I'd get my kit off. That's a bad place to end up mentally. Conversely, I did once have a guy who was relieved not to have to 'deal with all that ugly skin'. There are screw ups on both sides. But non-medical mutilation, I have a problem with. No one has that right over their kids.

kitschcamp Wrote:Maybe you've not been on the receiving end of abuse about it. I did in my young, free and single days. It got so bad, I found myself apologizing about it before I'd get my kit off. That's a bad place to end up mentally. Conversely, I did once have a guy who was relieved not to have to 'deal with all that ugly skin'. There are screw ups on both sides. But non-medical mutilation, I have a problem with. No one has that right over their kids.
Xyxthumbs

Sil Wrote:... Cut cocks and uncut cocks are both nice. Deal with it.
They are. We do. But I will never be able to condone this decision being made for children on non-medical grounds. I do not see anyone being able to square the ethics.

marshlander Wrote:They are. We do. But I will never be able to condone this decision being made for children on non-medical grounds. I do not see anyone being able to square the ethics.

Yeah, I think I'm losing sight of the original issue here...

I actually agree, I don't think it should be in any way compulsary; there doesn't seem to be any medical information suggesting it to be benificial, and as mentioned above, it does cause some people legitimate concerns in adult life. As an ethical issue? outside of religion I don't see that ethics plays a great part in it. This procedure does not enter into morality or any human concerns over good or bad as value systems; a child is in no position to make such decisions, and parents (in most cases) would be allowed a choice. This is not done maliciously or for any alterior motive other than an outdated attitude to hygiene.

What annoys me, from personal experience and argument, was the amount of trouble this has unearthed recently. Aside from Kitschcamp (which I apologise for) I had never thought of this as an issue for most men, it seemed something that had almost appeared for the sake of it in sex talk.

I would like people to stop seeing this as a negative thing. I never have thought of it that way; and pervading arguments like this only serves to make cut people (like myself) feel 'different' over a decision they had little choice in. By raising awareness you raise an inconsequential difference.