Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quick Serious Question
If you had to pick one person in GS to trust with a secret who would it be?

This is important.

There are some really great people here, but I honestly wouldn't trust anyone I only knew from talking online with secrets or seriously personal information. I don't care how close you may feel, you don't really know the person.

My best friend used to be on here and trusted a member he talked to a lot and thought was a friend with some very, very personal information about his life - and now he's really regretting it because the person turned out not to be the friend he thought he was. The guy even let his BF, a total stranger to my friend, read emails and PMs and never told my friend until afterwards. To say that my friend feels violated is an understatement.

So please, be very, very careful.

There's no one on here I'd trust with any big secrets. I don't really know anyone yet. There's only been two people I've met online I've trusted with much of anything that was actually serious and both were extreme exceptions. One of them is now sitting right next to me, actually. :tongue:

Probably Madonna...

Frankly, I think it would be very foolish to trust anyone who you have only had contact with just on line. You need to have not only met them in person but also to have known then for a long time before revealing secret things about yourself.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

Me! Me! Me! Tell me the secret! Share it with me! Is it juicy?

Asking for help and advice is fine, but be careful about sharing personal information online with people that you cannot truly really know.

Iceblink Wrote:Me! Me! Me! Tell me the secret! Share it with me! Is it juicy?
Lol..,
Fill me in when you get the scoop so I can tell Meninlove. ..

That would be most likely myself, first.

But then I have taken confession both literally and otherwise... that ministry training I have actually took hold in some areas. So I know how to separate my stuff from other people's stuff.

Then externally...

Members who are still here, I would have to say Miles - while he does talk about my dungeon and other sexual exploits those are predominately very good guesses and made-up by him...:biggrin: He hasn't spoken a word to anyone about other crap in my life that I have shared with him.

Then there is James. Whilst I haven't shared any of my deepest darkest secrets with him, I have read enough about him to get a rather decent take on his personality. He is a very serious person and I get the impression I can trust him with the body count and other horrors I have left in a wake behind me in life and he would keep mum about it.

There are rumors surrounding both of them that they are good listeners and avid secret keepers... I assume this is tried and tested by the individuals who spread those rumors to me... Not actually based on gossip, but more 'personal testimonies'. Since I'm not one to go around spreading names that is all I can say on that.

Rainbow Mum and a few others who haven't posted in a long time also spring to mind. But they haven't posted in a long while.

Mind a few word of caution: A disclaimer if you will.

While I can list a few names of individuals who I would trust, that is based on my own secrets and the relationship I have those individuals. I might actually be wrong - which happens occasionally and I am loath to admit that. I doubt I am wrong, but I could be.

It also depends on the nature of secret. If this is a felony, then I definitely would not take it to Miles or James. Simply because I don't want to burden others with the criminal connection and liability of being second party to a crime. That is my personal code of ethics at play. I have no idea what your code of ethics are or if you have a moral compass or something... your own rules apply of course.

With that said, I am no longer obligated to tell the police anything I learn in the form of felonies. I no longer professionally listen to people. I still listen, just not professionally, its now just a hobby. :tongue:

In the case of Mum, I do not know if she is obligated by law to go to the authorities if crimes are uncovered... I have no idea how that would work internationally. I actually don't know what James does for a living, I think Miles is still student thus not obligated professionally to tell the authorities anything.

Most disclosure laws that I have heard about cover abuse especially child abuse. Meaning if someone were to confess there is on going child abuse or elderly abuse going on, then legally the person who hears this must contact the authorities.

Things like drug use do not fall under that. Murder - yes. Then there is the whole accomplice aspect to hearing of a murder and not actually doing anything about it. It gets tricky you see.

Since I have no idea what the issue is, I can't really give you any better advice on who to talk to about the matter.

Alex for sure... because he's real and he's right beside me LOL