Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RCC, the Pope and tricky issues.
Friends and I have been conversing about this issue and how it does and how it will affect the GLTB community.

Tis a touchee subject and with the potential of the church changing its ways I'd like to get the viewpoint of a wider audience.

I've posted in this anonymous section so hopefully folks can feel safe being honest.

Where does May-December romances end in our community and pedophelia take over?

How does 'training' negatively affect our community?

How many of us started our 'life' with an introduction by a much older man?

Hopefully this can be discussed without raising blood pressure.

Interesting question! I remember when I was 14 and openly gay as were my friends and we had this group of old men on our asses 24/7...I personally was a bit detached from the whole thing but I watched my friends and their various reactions which ranged from love to suicide. When it was "my turn" to deal with these guys I remember having zero romantic or sexual interest for the older guys...I liked guys my own age (still do...that hasn't changed much except now I am 52 and I like guys generally between the ages of 45-55!)

I do remember generally thinking to myself most of the time that these guys creeped me out and I also remember I couldnt' stand when they pretended they were our "best friends"...I never fell for it but some of my friends did and those were the most destructive endings/outcomes generally.

I have to say I am not a fan of pedophiles...I don't think that it is fair to the younger guys/girls...I don't believe they have the experience to make adult choices and sex is an adult choice. I do see a bit of a gray area when the guy/girl is 16/17 and their partner is 18/19 and I don't think it is in the same class as...say 40/14.

When I worked in the gay nightclub and over the years I was exposed to and became familiar with individuals in just about every kind of subculture of the gay community and basically had a decent understanding and respect for just about everyone EXCEPT the old men who "loved" young boys...sorry but they made my skin crawl...I forgot the name of their organization but it has a name. My advice to them...if you really "love" them..LEAVE THEM ALONE!

I also want to add that I understand in the ancient Greeks and Roman Culture it was common for a young boy to become the slave of the teacher or master and in the context of those times and the culture I understand it...but these old farts are not in Ancient Greece or Rome and it is more about power and control with these guys........

...but even worse than the May/December stuff and in another class is the act of molestation where a child TRUSTS an adult in an authority position (eg Priest/Relative/Ect) who violates them ...I despise this kind of predator and I think they should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. A child should be protected and nurtured and people who do this are the lowest form of life IMHO.

To be honest, i don't think anyone under the age of 16 could truly understand what love is and if they were expirencing it. So anything bellow 16 i think is kinda perverted unless its with someone of the same age range.

I had kids in my school bragging of lost virginity at the age of 12/13, which i thought was way too young even if the two inderviduals understood what they were doing, although most of the time it seemed like they just did it for bragging rights.:confused:

I'm not saying it can't be love, but give it some time at least!
People who make out with young twinks just because they look like teenagers makes me feel a little sick....:frown:
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

I think its just too simplistic to draw a line at a certain age, kids and relationships just vary too much from one to another. (I realise that the law must draw a simple line based on age because something more complicated would be impossible to enforce.)
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

Thank you for your comments.

To further explore, there are definitely different opinions on the subject and as was said age itself is something the law decries but maturity and situations present different pictures of acceptability.

Pedophelia is sometime defined as someone who can only get aroused; is only attracted to youth.

Yet there are many folks who have regular relationships with people their age and occasional trysts with a quite younger crowd...often beyond what the law allows.

What percentage of the population would you say fits that bill?

What percentage of the population has crossed that line once and won't again?

And how do you react to it?

Its impossible to be correct so the law chooses an age. I agree with that age. I dont understand what the hoo ha is about as untill you leave school i think growing up and having fun as a kid/teen/young adult is more important!