Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RIP Jamey Rodemeyer
Hey Guys,

I haven't seen a thread on the forum about this boy in America on the forum yet, so I thought I'd post it. To cut a long story short this 14 year old boy killed himself because of being bullied everyday for being gay at school. From what I gather he had only just started high school and hoped things would get better because of being in a new school but they didn't. It's a very sad story and to an extent I'm kind of angry that in this day and age such a tragedy like this can happen. The irony is he posted an it gets better video on YouTube and a week later he killed himself. So just try and post something if you can.

Here's the news article.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...ister.html

The story gets better video featured lady gaga, and the it gets better message
[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRz-Six7p24KDjrx1F_V...A&usqp=CAU]

Every person that thinks bullying is a part of life or those whose best advice is 'Harden up' have blood on their hands...BULLYING IS DEADLY.

I wish I knew a way to reach people before they take their young lives away from us Sad

My friend Armando Cosio posted jamey's it gets better video on facebook as a tribute to him, he has actually friended Jamey's best friend on there ... this not only saddens me, but deeply pisses me off.... at school, this year is the first year i have ever seen anti bullying posters posted up on the walls, which really suprised me.... i believe that bullying period should be considered a federal crime, it's just not right, and it needs to stopnow... if we do nothing at all, it's never gonna stop

It makes me so sick to know that kids don't really care about the consequences of bullying another student. Even after Jamey's death, his sister was still harassed and they still spoke ill of the boy who killed himself because of them. Homophobia is dangerous and deadly

In my experience bullying happens a lot because the adults, especially parents and school faculty, turn a blind eye to it and often ENCOURAGE it. At my last high school the jocks and cheerleaders were given a free pass and those bullied who fought back (especially if they kicked a jock's butt as happened from time to time) faced severe consequences. And yeah, the school faculty knew exactly what they were doing.

This is just not right. Out of all the things, this is just unforgivable. The kids who still harasses the grieving family. What the hell are the teachers and security doing? How can they not notice this happening and stop it?

This brings back some memories...

Hello,
I know that lady gaga got very upset about the death of this lad and no one should feel this is a way out... 14 years of age and taking his life... To be honest teachers should be the ones who take control of bullies and i am a massive fan of bringing back the old school rules of a ruler accross the knuckles.... I dont think its right that one indivudial should push another one into the corner where they cannot cope with life and end it... Speaking from experience of trying to end my life at 10 for a different reason to this I would say no matter how low life gets its never worth this and words are only words so if you are ever out on a night out and someone is upset give them a helping hand otherwise if it is too serious this could happen.... May the poor lad rest in peace and his family be able to move on

Kindest regards

zeon x

As shown, he talked 'bout it several times before it happened. It's a complicated thing... Hope he rests in a better place than we are now :-)

Bullying is something that always happened, but because of the authorities and responsible persons being "idle" about it this deaths and suffer becomes more and more normal.

As the link says, that's the second death in the same school. Where's the problem at? Maybe the school?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk